Himalayan peaks of Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand is a Himalayan state of India. This hilly state contains, in its northern section, some of the highest mountain peaks in the world. Many of them are unclimbed; many are unnamed. A large number of peaks in Uttarakhand are still not open for climbing due to security reasons, as this region borders Tibet. Following is a list of selected named peaks of Uttarakhand with elevation over 6,000 m (19,700 ft).
nanda devi is situated in chamoli district
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mountains of Uttarakhand.|
- Joydeep Sircar, Himalayan handbook, Calcutta 1979
- The Alpine Club's Himalayan Index
- Harish Kapadia, Across Peaks and Passes in Garhwal Himalaya, Indus Publishing,1999 ISBN 81-7387-097-7
- Harish Kapadia, Across Peaks and Passes in Kumaun Himalaya, Indus Publishing,1999 ISBN 81-7387-096-9
- Harish Kapadia and Soli Mehta, Exploring the Hidden Himalaya, Hodder and Stoughton, 1990, ISBN 81-7387-077-2
- E. T. Atkinson, The Himalayan Gazetteer
- J. Patel, The Garhwal Kumaon Himalayas, Himalayan Club, Bombay, 1985.
- Mohindar Singh Randhawa, The Kumaon Himalayas, Oxford and IBH, New Delhi, 1970.