The Himalayan Trust (HT) is a non-profit organization set up by Sir Edmund Hillary after his successful first ascent of Mount Everest in 1953. The organization is dedicated to improving the living conditions and economy of people living in the Himalayas.
Projects sponsored by the HT include:
- Kunde Hospital - Built in 1966 in the village of Kunde just north of Namche Bazaar, Nepal.
- Forestry Programme - nurseries at Phorche, Tashinga and Phurte.
- Khumjung School - Built in 1961 in the village of Khumjung (3,790m/12,435'), sister village to Kunde.
- Himalayan Trust
- Sir Edmund Hillary Stiftung
- Himalayan Trust (Nepal)
- Himalayan Trust UK
- The Sir Edmund Hillary Foundation (Canada)
- Australian Himalayan Foundation
|This article about an organization in Asia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a philanthropic or charitable organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|