|Motto||Where Your Future Comes First|
|Chancellor||P. Subba Rao|
|Location||Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh, India|
Naharlagun, ItanagarBhalukPong, Itanagar
|Colors||Royal Blue and Yellow|
Himalayan University is a private university of India located at the Nahalagun in Itanagar established in 2013. The Himalayan University is accredited and recognized by the University Grants Commission under the section of 2 f of UGC act 1956. With its introduction to Arunachal Pradesh, a capital city Itanagar has now tagged with Himalayan University where students will find a wide range of degree programs at under graduate, post graduate and doctoral levels. The Arunachal Pradesh Gazette too approved the segment of Himalayan University under state government approval act no 6 of 2013.
Himalayan University was founded in 2013 under the Jeen foundation being as one of the state universities of Arunachal Pradesh where in 29 September 2012, the Arunachal Pradesh Assembly had passed the education bill for setting up of Himalayan University in the state by voice vote. At the same time, the Education Minister of the state Bosiram Siram said that the main aim behind passing the university was to boost the education system while offering new methods of imparting higher education. On 30 July 2013; Himalayan University has got higher education accreditation from IAO – International Accreditation organization.
|Arunachal Pradesh Gazette||State Assembly Approval||30 Sep 2012|
|University Grants Commission||UGC Act 1956 Approval||3 May 2013|
|IAO Accreditation||IAO Candidacy Approval Letter||30 July 2013|
|PHD Chamber Of Commerce And Industry||PHD Approval Letter||31 Dec. 2013|
|AIMA Accreditation||AIMA Approval Letter||19th Dec 2013|
- Faculty of Arts & Social Science
- Faculty of Engineering & Applied Science
- Faculty of Business & Management
- Faculty of Computing & Information Technology
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Agriculture & Horticulture
- Faculty of Journalism & Mass communication
- "UGC ACT 1956". University Grants Commission. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- "State Approval". Arunachal Pradesh Gazette. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "University Bill Passed 2012". thearunachalpioneer.in. Retrieved 27 Sep 2012.
- "Quality higher education". articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 29 Sep 2012.
- "HU - IAO Accreditation". iao.org. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Arunachal Pradesh Assembly Approval". himalayanuniversity.com. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Section 2F UGC Approval". ugc.ac.in. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- "IAO Accreditation Letter". himalayanuniversity.com. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Study Cells". himalayanuniversity.com. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Himalayan University.|