|Princess Be Careful|
Hime-sama Goyōjin logo
|Genre||Comedy, Slice of life story|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Shigehito Takayanagi|
|Original run||12 April 2006 – 19 July 2006|
Princess Be Careful (姫様ご用心 Hime-sama Goyōjin?) is a 12 episode anime series, produced by Nomad, that aired on WOWOW from April 12, 2006 to July 19, 2006. It has been aired by the anime television network Animax across its networks worldwide, including its English language premiere in Southeast Asia, starting from October 2007 and ended in November 2007.
Himeko Tsubaki bumps into a pair of thieves called Leslie and Karen. She accidentally takes one of their bags containing a magic crown. Placing the crown on her head will magically turn her into a princess, and eventually fulfilling all of her wishes.
Her classmates and teachers believe her to be a princess, but she becomes a target of various people who want the crown for themselves. Tagging along is the true owner of the crown, a child princess named Nana.
- She's your typical Xenophobic girl who happens to find a magical crown that belongs to Nana. She likes to eat, and has the habit of misunderstanding things. Named Christie Tsubaki in the Animax dub.
- Nana is the girl that keeps following Himeko around, and though no-one understands her, in the later episodes she manages to say something to Karen, Leslie and Himeko. She owns the crown Himeko is wearing.
- Banana (バ·ナーナ?)
- Banana is a monkey, and a pet of Nana. Banana often makes trouble, even stealing Leslie's underpants.
- Sobana is Himeko's best friend with this sock puppet shaped like a cat (assuming cat-like intonations in the process). She was once locked up in prison, when she was caught wearing gloves as the law forbids them to wear gloves. She is named "Winnie" in the Animax dub.
- Aoi is perfect in school. She constantly hates Himeko since she misunderstands Aoi on poisoning Nana, which Nana caught when Aoi slipped, making Nana choke, and has vanished temporarily. She helped Karen and Leslie once. Named Prefect Maple in the Animax dub.
- Himeko's teacher at school. She often fights with Aoi, and she is the reason why Chief X has been following Himeko around. Named Marie (Often mispronounced by various characters as 'Marian".) in the Animax dub.
- Ebine is Himeko's mother.
- Sanjūrō is Himeko's father, who often sleeps while seated in the toilet due to all-nighters (because he is a policeman).
- A professional thief. Karen knew Leslie since their childhood. Named Helen in the Animax dub.
- A professional thief. Leslie is best friends with Karen. Named Louise in the Animax dub.
- An assassin whose mission is to kill Himeko to get her crown--a mission he cannot fulfill because he has developed a crush on her. Named Alan in the Animax dub.
- Rasse (ラッセ?) Voiced by: Asami Sanada
- Prime Minister Imo (イーモー大臣?) Voiced by: Mika Kanai
- Miss Yoko (ミス·ヨーコ?) Voiced by: Yūko Kaida
- Chief X (首領X?) Voiced by: Norio Wakamoto
|#||Title||Original air date|
|01||"My Mother. My Crown. My Goodness. (Pun on "oukan")"
"Okan Ōkan Korya Akan" (オカン王冠こりゃあかん)
|April 12, 2006|
|02||"Watch Out For The Princess Of Tennis!"
"Ayaushi Tenisu no Ōjo-sama" (あやうしテニスの王女様)
|April 19, 2006|
|03||"Our Guest Is An Assassin Driven Mad!"
"Okyaku wa Shikaku de Zettai Zetsumei" (お客は刺客で絶体絶命)
|April 26, 2006|
|04||"My Boyfriend Makes Too Much Noise!"
"Watashi no Kare wa Sawagi sugi" (わたしの彼はさわぎすぎ)
|May 10, 2006|
|05||"Himeko Is Who's Child, A Cat's?"
"Himeko Dare no Ko Nyanko no Ko?" (姫子誰の子ニャン子の子?)
|May 17, 2006|
|06||"Nana From The Kingdom Of Cats!"
"Nyanko no Kuni no Nāna" (ニャンコの国のナーナ)
|May 24, 2006|
|07||"An Arbitrarily Decided, Teacher-Student Relationship!"
"Katte ni Shitei, Shitei ni Kettei!" (勝手に指定、師弟に決定!)
|June 14, 2006|
|08||"Victory? Defeat? Try And Guess!"
"Shōso? Haiso? Itte Miso!" (勝訴? 敗訴? 言ってみそ!)
|June 21, 2006|
|09||"I Didn't Know Part-Time Work Was This Dangerous! (Pun on "abito")"
"Baito Yabai to Shiranai to" (バイトヤバイと知らないと)
|June 28, 2006|
|10||"The Fact That The Crown Can Be Taken Off Must Be Kept Secret!"
"Toreta Ōkan Baretara Ikan" (取れた王冠ばれたらいかん)
|July 5, 2006|
|11||"This World Exists Just For Na-Na!"
"Nāna no Tame ni Sekai wa Aru no" (ナーナのために世界はあるの)
|July 12, 2006|
|12||"This World Is Right ...For a Change!"
"Sekai wa Ii Kagen de Ii Kagen" (世界はいいかげんで良い加減)
|July 19, 2006|
- Director: Shigehito Takayanagi
- Episode director: Yuki Nanoka (ep 8)
- Original work: Shigehito Takayanagi
- Original character design: Mitsue
- Character design: Makoto Koga
- Color design: Hiroko Umezaki
- Art director: Kazuya Fukuda
- Editing: Bun Hida
- Director of photography: Yumiko Morimoto
- Music: Katsuyuki Harada
- Music producer: Yoshiyuki Ito
- Sound director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
- Sound effects: Minoru Yamada
- 百発百中とらぶるん♪ (Hyappatsu Hyakuchū Toraburun♪)
Note: Ryōko Shintani and Ui Miyazaki sang the theme songs under the name of Himeko Tsubaki and Nana.