Himeji Central Park
The Himeji Central Park (姫路セントラルパーク Himeji Sentoraru Pāku?) is a safari park in Himeji, Hyōgo, Japan. The park opened in March 1984, and is the only safari park in Kansai region. It has a "sister park" agreement with Nairobi National Park, Kenya. The park also incorporates an amusement park. It is operated by Himeji Park Management (姫路パークマネジメント Himeji Pāku Manejimento?), a Kamori Kankō Group company.
- Drive-through safari
- Cheetah Section
- Lion Section
- Tiger Section
- Herbivore Section A: Somali Giraffes, Sitatungas, etc.
- Herbivore Section B: Himalayan Tahrs, Bharals, etc.
- Herbivore Section C: Hippopotamuses, American Bisons, etc.
- Zebra Section: Grevy's Zebras, etc.
- Larger Herbivore Section: White Rhinoceroses, African Bush Elephants, etc.
- Walking Safari
- Free Fall
- Giant Peter: Ferris wheel
- Buster Bomb
- Aquaria: Swimming pool, summer season only.
- Ice Park: Ice rink, winter season only.
- and Others.
There is an aerial lift inside the safari park called Sky Safari (スカイサファリ Sukai Safari?). Opened in 2003, this is the only aerial lift in Japan that was built to watch animals. Three cabins are attached to transport more passengers at once.
- System: Gondola lift, 1 cable
- Distance: 317 m (1,040 ft)
- Vertical interval: 41 m (135 ft)
- Operational speed: 4.0 m/s
- Passenger capacity per a cabin: 12
- 36 per 3 cabins.
- Cabins: 2 groups of 3 cabins
- Stations: 2
- Duration of one-way trip: 3 minutes
- (Japanese) Official website
|This Hyōgo Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a zoo, aquarium, safari park, or aviary is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an amusement park is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|