Hindawi Publishing Corporation
|Country of origin||Egypt|
|Headquarters location||Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt|
Hindawi Publishing Corporation is a commercial publisher of scientific, technical, and medical (STM) literature. Founded in 1997, Hindawi currently publishes more than 500 peer-reviewed scientific journals as well as, more recently, a number of scholarly monographs. As of January 2013[update], 29 of the journals have a listed impact factor. The company has its headquarters in Cairo and an office in New York. The journals are published under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). Hindawi was originally included on a list of publishers that "may show some characteristics of 'predatory open access publishers'", but has since been removed from it.
Hindawi Publishing Corporation was founded in 1997 in Cairo by physics graduate Ahmed Hindawi and Nagwa Abdel-Mottaleb. The company's first journal was the International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences. Already in 2006, Hindawi had about 220 employees, including 15 software developers, and it published journals in the physical sciences and in medical research.
By mid-2007, all of Hindawi's journals were open access journals. Hindawi was one of the first publishers to use this model exclusively. Print versions are also available, using a customary subscription model.
- List of journals published by Hindawi
- Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association, of which Hindawi is a founding member
- Hindawi: Abstracting and Indexing
- "Hindawi Publishing Corporation - Science Citation Index (SCI) and Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE)". 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- "Hindawi Publishing Corporation - Open Access Memberships". 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- Beall Jeffrey (2012). "Beall's List of Predatory, Open-Access Publishers" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- Butler, Declan (2013). "Investigating journals: The dark side of publishing". Nature 495 (7442): 433–5. doi:10.1038/495433a. PMID 23538810.
- Shaw, Shelli (Sept. 2006). "Hindawi Publishing: Catering to Open Access". Information Today. Archived from the original on 2010-11-02. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- Harris, Siân (2007-04). "Encouraging innovation". Research information. Archived from the original on 2010-11-02. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- Council of Australian University Librarians , March, 2006.
- Paul Peters (July 2007). "Going all the way: how Hindawi became an open access publisher". Learned Publishing 20 (3): 191–195. doi:10.1087/095315107X204049.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Media from Hindawi.|