Hindawi Publishing Corporation
|Country of origin||Egypt|
|Headquarters location||Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt|
Hindawi Publishing Corporation is a commercial publisher of scientific, technical, and medical (STM) literature. Founded in 1997, Hindawi currently publishes more than 400 peer-reviewed and open access scientific journals as well as, more recently, a number of scholarly monographs. As of May 2014[update], 45 of the journals have a listed impact factor. The company has its headquarters in Cairo and an office in New York. The journals are published under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). Hindawi was originally included on a list of publishers that "may show some characteristics of 'predatory open access publishers'", was later moved to the watch section of the list and has since, as of January 2014, been removed entirely.
Hindawi Publishing Corporation was founded in 1997 in Cairo by physics graduate Ahmed Hindawi and Nagwa Abdel-Mottaleb. The company's first journal was the International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences. By 2006 Hindawi had about 220 employees, including 15 software developers, and it published journals in the physical sciences and in medical research.
By mid-2007, all of Hindawi's journals were open access journals. Hindawi was one of the first publishers to use this model exclusively. Print versions are also available, using a customary subscription model.
- List of journals published by Hindawi
- Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association, of which Hindawi is a founding member
- "Hindawi Publishing Corporation - Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE)". 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- "Hindawi Publishing Corporation - Open Access Memberships". 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- Beall Jeffrey (2012). "Beall's List of Predatory, Open-Access Publishers" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- Butler, Declan (2013). "Investigating journals: The dark side of publishing". Nature 495 (7442): 433–5. doi:10.1038/495433a. PMID 23538810.
- Beall, Jeffrey (January 2, 2014). "List of Predatory Publishers 2014". Scholarly Open Access. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Shaw, Shelli (Sep 2006). "Hindawi Publishing: Catering to Open Access". Information Today. Archived from the original on 2010-11-02. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- Harris, Siân (April 2007). "Encouraging innovation". Research information. Archived from the original on 2010-11-02. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- Paul Peters (July 2007). "Going all the way: how Hindawi became an open access publisher". Learned Publishing 20 (3): 191–195. doi:10.1087/095315107X204049.
- "Subscription Information". Hindawi Publishing Corporation. Retrieved 17 December 2013. "All journals are open access and subscribers shall receive the print edition."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Media from Hindawi.|