Hindsight (2011 film)
|Revised Romanization||Pureun Sogeum|
|Directed by||Lee Hyun-seung|
|Produced by||Lee Hyun-seung
|Written by||Lee Hyun-seung|
|Music by||3rd Coast|
|Edited by||Kim Sang-beom
|Distributed by||CJ Entertainment|
Hindsight (Hangul: 푸른소금; RR: Pureun Sogeum, lit. Blue Salt) is a 2011 South Korean film by Lee Hyun-seung, his first after a ten-year hiatus. The film is about a hitwoman who struggles with her feelings for the underworld boss who is her target. The film deals with issues of age difference, and the Korean underworld. It stars Song Kang-ho and Shin Se-kyung, and premiered at the 16th Busan International Film Festival. The film received a total of 763,776 admissions nationwide.
Busan, South Korea, the present day. Legendary retired gangster Yoon Doo-hun (Song Kang-ho) dreams of opening a restaurant, and enrolls in a cooking class, where he gets to know Jo Se-bin (Shin Se-kyung), 20. Doo-hun then hears that his former boss, Man-gil, has died after being hit by a car; the gang's members need to find Man-gil's will to see whom he nominated as his successor, though most of them expect it is Doo-hun. Meanwhile, Se-bin's roommate Lee Eun-jung (Esom) has become indebted to some Haeundae moneylenders, who force Se-bin, in return, to spy on Doo-hun. After Eun-jung steals a suitcase containing cocaine from the moneylenders, Se-bin is ordered to kill Doo-hun but can't bring herself to do it. Instead, Eun-jung tries to run him over with a car and subsequently disappears. Doo-hun survives and takes over as head of his old gang, intent on discovering who killed Man-gil. Among various problems, he has to contend with Baek Kyung-min (Lee Jong-hyuk), an ambitious young member of the gang, and his continuing relationship with Se-bin, who is under pressure from assassination agency head Madame Kang (Youn Yuh-jung) to kill him.
- Song Kang-ho ... Yoon Doo-hun - a retired gangster
- Shin Se-kyung ... Jo Se-bin - a young national shooting athlete-turned-assassin
- Chun Jung-myung ... Ae-gu - Doo-hun's right-hand man
- Lee Jong-hyuk ... Baek Kyung-min - Doo-hun's friend and rival
- Kim Min-joon ... K - another assassin hired to kill Doo-hun
- Youn Yuh-jung ... Madame Kang
- Lee Geung-young ... Choi Go-mun
- Kim Roi-ha ... Kim Gi-chul
- Oh Dal-su ... Teacher Yook
- Esom ... Lee Eun-jung - Se-bin's best friend and cooking partner
- Jang Young-nam ... culinary school instructor
- Kim Jong-gu ... gang boss Du
- Kim Kang-woo ... gang boss Kim
- Jo Young-jin ... gang boss Ki
- Jo Deok-je ... gang boss Ri
- Choi Deok-mun ... Haeundae gang boss
- Yang Ki-won ... Haeundae gang deputy
- Lee Jong-pil ... Yong-soo
- Jin Yang-hye ... news announcer
- "Box office by Country: Blue Salt". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2012-06-04.
- "Blue Salt Contains Energy of Song Kang Ho and Shin Se Kyung". KBS Global. 11 August 2011. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- Lee, Hyo-won (11 August 2011). "Song, Shin star in uncanny drama". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Final Korean Box Office for the Week-end 2011.09.23 ~ 2011.09.25". Hancinema. 27 September 2011. Retrieved 2012-06-04.
- Elley, Derek (15 November 2011). "Hindsight". Film Business Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Edwards, Russell (17 October 2011). "Hindsight". Variety. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Hyo-won (25 August 2011). "Actors help Hindsight keep focus". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Ju, Sung-chul (7 October 2011). "Actor Song Kang-ho". Korean Cinema Today. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- Hwang, Hyo-jin (31 August 2011). "INTERVIEW: Actor Song Kang-ho - Part 1". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Hwang, Hyo-jin (31 August 2011). "INTERVIEW: Actor Song Kang-ho - Part 2". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Ga-on (31 August 2011). "INTERVIEW: Actress Shin Se-gyeong". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Ga-on (16 November 2011). "Actress Shin Se-gyeong's Movie Picks". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-18.