Hindu Mission Hospital, Chennai
|Hindu Mission Hospital|
|Location||GST Road, Tambaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Care system||Multi-speciality Hospital|
|Hospital type||Non-government organisation|
- ISO 9001:2008-certified hospital
- Registered under Society Act of XXI of 1860.
- Contributions are eligible for 100% exemption u/s 35AC or 80GGA.
- Donations are eligible for 50% exemption u/s 80 G of IT Act.
- Recognized under Foreign Contributions Regulation Act.
- Recognized as a Charitable Organization.
- Recognized as a Secular Social Service Society.
|Key people||Mr. Srinivasan K Swamy, President
Shri. D K Srinivasan,Founder Secretary
Dr D.K. Sriram, Medical Director
The hospital was started by its Founder Secretary Mr D.K. Srinivasan on 5 December 1982. Over the years the hospital has grown into a multi-specialty tertiary care hospital serving the needs of the community. The hospital is known for its nominal rates like 200 rupees for a dialysis sitting. The hospital has recently opened a new Critical care and Cardio-thoracic centre performing complex cardiac surgeries. Among other services the hospital has a robust Neuro surgery, Trauma care, Chemotherapy and Spine surgery unit. Recently the hospital has started a fully equipped diabetes unit along with a weight management department. The hospital has also revamped its Ophthalmology services, Neonatal ICU and Urology services.
The hospital is spread over an area of 86,000 sq ft and has 220 beds and 9 operation theatres. It has 6 ambulances in its fleet. The hospital has a busy Out patient service with emphasis on preventive medicine and patient education.
The hospital's services include projects such as
- Daily free rural mobile clinic
- Weekly free rural health checkup
- Free eye surgeries
- Free nutritious meals for Inpatient and their attenders
- Free Artificial Limb Centre
- Kidney Care Endowment service
- Free Medical camps for students are conducted in schools in Tambaram locality.
The hospital is a pioneer in fund raising with many firsts including the first in South India to get 100% tax exemption from the government of India. Its transparent financials has resulted in its continuously enjoying 100% tax exemption by the government of India since 1994. The hospital’s motto of 'For the community - by the community' has resulted in extensive involvement in the planning and execution of new projects by the very people who stand to benefit most. Novel schemes of fund raising by Hindu Mission Hospital include direct mailing, clap for charity event, school run, hundi, walk by cricketers to name but a few. fund raising has resulted in a several novel schemes of raising funds. .
- Pain, Paromita (27 August 2004). "Hindu Mission Hospital to set up critical care block". The Hindu (Chennai: The Hindu). Retrieved 5-Apr-2013.
- "Milestones". Hindu Mission Hospital. Retrieved 5-Apr-2013.