Hindu Vivek Kendra
Hindu Vivek Kendra (HVK) is a scholarly branch of the Hindutva movement. They are part of an alliance called Sangh Parivar, based on the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). Other alliance members include: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP); Bajrang Dal; and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Robert Frykenberg, emeritus professor of history and south Asian studies at the University of Wisconsin–Madison, notes that Hinduvta is seen as Hindu "fundamentalism" by the press and the public. HVK describe this public perception at their official website, and state their own aim is to respond those criticisms by giving "the theoretical basis of the Hindutva movement due publicity" and therefore promoting the ideology of Hindutva. HVK have an office in Mumbai.
HVK state their five main activities are the following.
- To create a library of pro-Hindutva and anti-Hindutva books.
- To identify those who have contributed to the various aspects of Hindutva, invite them to write on the subject, and give their ideas wide publicity.
- To encourage others who wish to do research on the subject and guide them by making material available, and putting them in touch with various experts.
- To send the material to academic circles in India and abroad.
- To keep track of writings in the international field, both pro-Hindutva and anti-Hindutva.
Notes and references
- hvk.org — Hindu Vivek Kendra official website
|This Hinduism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organization in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|