From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Hindostan, Hindoustan, Hindustan, or Indostan in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hindustan was the name of the northwestern subcontinent in medieval times as established by the Mughal Empire before the British Empire, and is used in some contexts to refer to the modern state.
Hindustan may also refer to:
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, aerospace company based in Bangalore
- Hindustan Motors, Indian automobile manufacturer, such as the Ambassador car
- Hindustan Antibiotics Limited, drug manufacturing company in Pimpri
- For a list of Indian companies starting with Hindustan, see List of Indian companies
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited S.C., football club in Bangalore
- Hindustan Times, a Northern Indian English language daily newspaper
- Hindustan, a Hindi language daily newspaper of HT Media
- Dainik Hindustan, a Hindi language daily newspaper
- "Hindustan", 1918 song written and composed by Oliver G. Wallace and Harold Weeks
- HAL Airport or Hindustan Airport, the old airport of Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Hindustan Advanced Light Helicopter, HAL Dhruv
- HMS Hindustan (or Hindostan), the name of five ships of the British Royal Navy
- Hindostan (East Indiaman), an East Indiaman of the British East India Company
- Republic of India, a South Asian country
- Hindustan, Indiana, United States, a town south of Martinsville, Indiana
- Hindustan, Pakistan, a town in Pakistan
- Hindustan, Trinidad, an area in Trinidad
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hindustan.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.