|Intercommunality||Communauté d'agglomération de l'Artois|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||André Delory|
|• Land1||8.31 km2 (3.21 sq mi)|
|• Population2 density||270/km2 (690/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||62454 / 62232|
|Elevation||16–47 m (52–154 ft)
(avg. 44 m or 144 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
A farming village, situated some 3 miles (4.8 km) north of Béthune at the junction of the D182 and the D180 roads. The Canal d’Aire flows around the north-eastern part of the commune.
|From the year 1962 on: No double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.|
Places of interest
- The church of St.Marguerite, rebuilt, as was most of the village, after the First World War.
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemeteries.
- Official website of the commune (French)
- The CWGC military cemetery
- The CWGC graves in the communal cemetery
- Hinges on the Quid website (French)
|This Pas-de-Calais geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|