|Hino Dutro & Hino 300 Series|
|Manufacturer||Hino Motors, Ltd. and Kuozui Motors|
|Also called||Toyota Dyna
Hino 300 Series
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||Truck (standard cab, crew cab)|
|Predecessor||Hino Ranger 2/3|
The Hino Dutro // is a light commercial truck shared with the Toyota Dyna, built by Hino Motors in Japan. Like the Dyna and its twin Toyoace, the Dutro is built on the U300 platform for standard cab, or U400 platform for the wide cab. and offered in many different chassis type suitable for different purposes. The Dutro took over from the earlier Ranger 2 (and Ranger 3), a badge-engineered version of Daihatsu's Delta series.
For export market, the Dutro is sold in Australia, Chile, Colombia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Sri Lanka and other countries in Latin America. As of 2008, the Dutro will be available in Canada under the name '155'. Canadian models are built in Woodstock, Ontario from CKD kits imported from Japan.
The Andinian and Latin-American models are built in Cota, Cundinamarca; Colombia and Chile, from CKD kits imported from Japan. In some of this markets, the Hino Dutro trucks are vehicles completely imported from Japan.
- Wide range in Japan including Wide Cab, Double Cab, hybrid electric, 4WD, and Route Van. Engine choices are 3.7 liter 4B, 4.1 liter 15B-FTE, 4.0 liter N04C, 4.6 liter S05C, 4.7 liter J05D, 4.8 liter S05D, and 5.3 liter J05C.
- Introduced in Indonesia in 2002 with five models: 125ST, 125LT, 125HT, 140GT, and 140HT. All are Standard Cab. 125ST is 4-wheel short wheelbase, the rest are 6-wheel long wheelbase. Engine for 125 models is 4.0 liter W04D, the 140 models is powered by 4.6 liter S05C.
- Starting from 2007 model year, with the government requirement that all vehicles must comply to Euro-2 emission regulation, and Hino introduced 4 models with the modified W04D engine with inter-cooled turbocharger. The new models are 110SD, 110LD, 130MD, and 130HD.
- In Thailand: Dutro 300, 301, 340 (Standard Cab), 410 and 420 (Wide Cab).
In the town of Cota, in Colombia is a new assembling plant of Hino, builtd and financed by two corporations; one of these are local and the other is the Toyota group; the major owner of the Hino brand. The initial product of his brand portfolio, and assembled in this factory, and related with this article are:
- Hino Series 300 Light cargo:
- Dutro series Trucks.
Second Generation (2011-)
Many of these are built in Japanese plants, although some units are assembled in Canada and Colombia and Indonesia. The more appreciable changes are the engine (accomplishment with the EURO IV/V/VI standard), a new facelift made by Toyota, and more and new improved equipment on board.
- "Hino, Calidad que da confianza". Hino.cl. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "HMMC Inaugura su planta en Cota, Colombia". Pracodidacol.com. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "La planta de Hino Motors en Colombia llegó a la unidad mil - Industria automotriz: Fabricación, tendencias y avances en vehiculos - ELTIEMPO.COM". Motor.com.co. Retrieved 2012-03-14.