Hip Hop Harry
|Hip Hop Harry|
Hip Hop Harry
|Created by||Claude Brooks
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||22-30 Minutes|
|Distributor||Hip Hop Harry Productions
|Original channel||Discovery Kids
The Learning Channel
Retro Television Network
|Original release||September 26, 2006– July 14, 2008|
Hip Hop Harry is a children's show that aired on Discovery Kids and TLC as part of the Ready Set Learn block, as well as most Retro Television Network affiliates, as an E/I-compliant program. Similar to Barney & Friends, Kidsongs, Sesame Street and Teletubbies on PBS, Hip Hop Harry is a live action program designed for children in the 3-9 year old age group. The program uses age appropriate hip hop music and dance to teach social, educational, physical and creative skills.
Hip Hop Harry is an anthropomorphic yellow furry bear with a red shirt, blue hat, baggy blue pants, a gold chain with an "H" in the middle, and white shoes with an "H" on each side. The character's appearance is in the general style of hip hop fashion. Harry also has a blue and red wrist watch. His birthday is January 22, 1988, as noted in episode 5.
- Ali Alimi - Voice of Hip Hop Harry
- Ryan Andres - Tells jokes in the episode "Finding Your Talent".
- Kelli Berglund - Kelli helps plan a surprise party for Pinky in "Do Your Part."
- Kendra Bracy - Introduces her grandmother from Trinidad in one episode.
- Colton Burton - Colton is one of William's best friends; Colton is only seen in episodes which also feature William.
- Kiana Contreres - Kiana plays a key role in the episode "Get Involved," cheering her sister's Double Dutch team to victory.
- Jake Deanda - Jake is one of the first kids to meet Katie in "Making New Friends."
- Savannah Dejesus - Savannah appears in "Fancy Footwook" and "Rain makes Rainbows" with her sister Sophina.
- Sophina DeJesus - Sophina is an aspiring gymnast who enjoys working with her sister, Savannah
- Kelly Dolan - Played as Pinky
- Hayden Harrah - Hayden appears less frequently than other members of the cast, but was a big help during "A B See."
- Jay Jay Harris - Jay Jay is shown in "Pajama Party" and "Just Give it a Try" to be reluctant to try new things. He and Riddles get along very well. After an impressive bongo drum performance, Hip Hop Harry speculates that Jay Jay may one day be on a salsa record.
- David Joyner (actor) - David is a former long running Barney performer and was the Hip Hop Harry suit performer.
- William May - Is one of the best dancers. He appears in many episodes. In "Hip Hop Big Top" he was concerned he wouldn't be able to dance with a brace on his leg. With encouragement from Hip Hop Harry and his friends, he realized he could still be a part of the circus.
- Veronicaa Miller - Veronicaa likes to sing in "Finding Your Talent."
- Katie Petitte - Katie is the new girl in "Making New Friends."
- Davide Schiavone - Davide has a similar 'do to Dylan and Cole Sprouse and seems to do the same dance on every episode.
- Elizabeth Small - Her zipper provides the finishing touch in "A B See."
- Scott Thomas - Scott appears in several episodes. He was featured in "Never Give Up", when he wanted to quit basketball because of a bad day at practice. Hip Hop Harry gives him some encouragement and Scott realizes that he should never give up.
- Megan Woo - Megan loves animals, and wishes to be a veterinarian when she grows up.
- Tyler White - A young break-dancer with a talent for windmills, and the strongman in Hip Hop Harry's circus.
The gang performed Move Those Feet at the 'Los Angeles Times Festival of Books' on April 25 and 26, 2009 on the 'Target Corporation|Target children's stage, on the campus of [UCLA].
|Season- #||Episode Name||Original Air Date||Kids In Episode||Summary|
|1-1.||Fancy Footwork||September 26, 2006||Sophina, Savannah, Jay-Jay, Scott||Two sisters compete against each other in a dance competition.|
|1-2.||When I Grow Up||September 27, 2006||Savannah, Jay Jay, Scott, Megan||Megan has trouble deciding what she wants to be when she grows
up; Harry and the gang learns about different jobs.
|1-3.||Words Have Power||September 28, 2006||Sophina, Davide, Scott, Megan||Sophina gets mad at Davide and uses bad words and learns a lesson in carefully choosing your words when you speak.|
|1-4.||Making New Friends||September 29, 2006||Jake, Veronicaa, Katie, Davide||The kids try to make a new girl feel comfortable by involving her in their activities.|
|1-5.||Do Your Part||October 2, 2006||Kelli, Kendra, Colton, William||Kelli throws a surprise birthday party for Pinky.|
|1-6.||Never Give Up||October 3, 2006||Sophina, Davide, Scott, Megan||Scott is discouraged at not making any shots during basketball practice, Harry gives Scott a few tips; the kids learn about what happens underwater.|
|1-7.||Be Creative||October 4, 2006||Sophina, Davide, Scott, Kelli||Harry and the gang have a costume party at Hip Hop Central. The theme for it, is a Marching Band costume party. Scott learns how to be creative about the fact that you can use other things for costumes.|
|1-8.||We Have Five Senses||October 5, 2006||Jake, Veronicaa, Davide, Elizabeth||The kids are challenged to perform an activity that uses all five of their senses.|
|1-9.||Wildlife Wendy||October 30, 2006||Jake, Veronicaa, Davide, Elizabeth||Wildlife Wendy teaches the kids about birds.|
|1-10.||Air Air Everywhere||October 31, 2006||Kelli, Kendra, Colton, William||William has a homework assignment to prove that air surrounds everyone.|
|1-11.||Pajama Party||November 1, 2006||Jay-Jay, Kiana, Savannah, Tyler||Harry and the gang throws a pajama party; Wildlife Wendy teaches the gang about nocturnal animals.|
|1-12.||Rain Makes Rainbows||November 2, 2006||Sophina, Scott, Jay Jay, Megan||The kids are sad about not being able to play outside when it rains, but Hip Hop Harry encourages them not to be sad and helps them learn that rain makes rainbows, and invents a musical way to put them all in order.|
|1-13.(Season Finale)||Dream It, Achieve It||November 3, 2006||Elizabeth, Hayden, Veronicaa, William||Hip Hop Central wins a reading contest.|
|Season- #||Episode Name||Original Air Date||Kids In Episode||Summary|
|2-1.||My Favorite Things||April 23, 2007||Kelli, Colton, Kendra, William||William and Kendra share their favorite possessions; William learns how wrong it is to lie.|
|2-2.||A-B See||April 24, 2007||Elizabeth, Hayden, Veronicaa, William||The kids find things that begin with each letter of the alphabet; Hip Hop Harry teaches Elizabeth that when you have a problem, let your friends help solve it.|
|2-3.||Peas in a Pod||April 25, 2007||Kiana, Tyler, Savannah, Jay-Jay||Farmer Fran Teaches the kids about farm life.|
|2-4.||Make Your Dreams Come True||April 26, 2007||Sophina, Davide, Scott, Megan||A Professional Gymnast, a veterinarian, and a children's band visits and explains the concepts of hard work.|
|2-5.||Finding Your Talent||April 27, 2007||Ryan, Veronicaa, William, Elizabeth, Katie||Veronicaa has trouble deciding what her talent is.|
|2-6.||Get Involved||September 10, 2007||Kiana, Tyler, Jay-Jay, Savannah||Kiana feels left out, but Hip Hop Harry encourages her to get involved in things that other people do.|
|2-7.||I Like to Move||September 11, 2007||Kelli, Hayden, Sophina, Scott||The kids learn about exercise and try new ways of exercise with help from Ms. Kellee.|
|2-8.||Just Give It a Try||September 12, 2007||Ryan, Veronicaa, Elizabeth, Jay-Jay||The kids make hand puppets for a puppet show, but Jay-Jay worries if his will be any good.|
|2-9.||Grandma Brooks||September 13, 2007||Kiana, Kendra, William, Tyler||The kids create a Hip-Hop Center Carnival.|
|2-10.||My Music is Your Music||September 14, 2007||Jay-Jay, Ryan, Veronicaa, Elizabeth||Hip Hop Harry helps the kids appreciate different styles of music; Elizabeth and Pinky have a short-term savings plan that inspires long-term goals.|
|2-11.||You Can Dance||February 23, 2008||Katie, Jake, Veronicaa, Davide||Katie can dance ballet, but she needs to take classes with the other kids to learn hip-hop.|
|2-12.||Hip Hop Big Top||June 9, 2008||Kendra, Kiana, William, Tyler||The gang has a circus at Hip Hop Central; William thinks he can't help because he accidentally wore a boot on one of his feet.|
|2-13||Fun Memories (Final Series/Season Finale)||July 14, 2008||Scott, Jay-Jay, Elizabeth, Kendra, Kiana||The kids are worried that they'll never see each other again. So Hip Hop Harry encourages them not to be sad just because school is out, and just use their memories to reminisce on their thoughts, so they'll always remember their friends, wherever they may be.|