Hip Pocket (Indian band)
|Origin||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Genres||Classic rock, fusion, pop|
|Members||Nondon Bagchi - Drums & Vocals
Sumith Ramachandran - Lead Guitar
Dominic Saldanha - Keyboards
Sankha Subhra Ghosh - Bass & Vocals
Diptarka Bose - Lead Vocals
|Past members||Rishi Chanda
Maninak 'Bumpy' Nag Chowdhury
Bikramjit 'Tuki' Banerjee
Ben Mark Westley
Hip Pocket (Bengali: হিপ পকেট) is a classic rock band, based in Kolkata, India. The formation of this band happened in a casual manner. On a fine day, the drummer (Nondon Bagchi) called up other musicians which led to the formation of this band. They started as a pop band and later turned into a rock band. The band has been able to attract audiences and became famous after performing at Someplace Else regularly. They now perform every Wednesday and Friday night at Someplace Else, Kolkata.
- Nondon Bagchi - Drums & Vocals
- Sumith Ramachandran - Lead Guitar
- Diptarka Bose - Lead Vocals
- Dominic Saldanha - Keyboards
- Sankha Subhra Ghosh - Bass & Vocals
Their early influences were Rolling Stones, Beatles, Pink Floyd and The Doors. Though they began playing Pink Floyd much later, they realized that it works best for them. All the members have had varied influences over a period of time.
- Godin Guitars
- Schecter Bass
- Boss GT-10
- Marshall Amps
The band is getting managed by Eastern India's first Music Cosultants Muzika India (www.muzika.co.in)
- "Hip Pocket live at Cocktail and dance party in Hyderabad.". The Times of India. Aug 5, 2010.
- "Hip Pocket stole the show in Kolkata.". The Times of India. Jun 13, 2009.
- "Hip Pocket’s rock ballads at Someplace Else, Kolkata.". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph. August 21, 2005.
- Das, Mohua (March 19, 2008). "The Hip Pocket keyboardist has gone solo as a Tolly music composer.". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph.
- "Hip Pocket's Drummer (Nondon Bagchi) as a judge in inter-school Western music competition.". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph. July 12, 2006.
- "Hip Pocket with musicians from Mizoram & Nagaland during Indian Independence Day Celebration". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph. August 9, 2004.
- "Hip Pocket performs at CC&FC Bar.". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph. October 4, 2007.
- "Hip Pocket at Someplace Else during World Music Day.". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph. June 23, 2009.
- "Hip and happening fans cheer fave band.". The Times of India. May 31, 2009.
- "Let’s rock ’n roll". The Times of India. Aug 19, 2001.
- "Hip Pocket's tour to Siliguri, Shillong and Guwahati.". The Assam Tribune. November 22.
- "Hip Pocket Band's Biography.". Chennai, India: The Hindu. May 23, 2011.
|This article on an Asian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about the music of India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|