From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In Greek mythology, Hippasus (Ἴππασος) is the name of fourteen characters.
- Hippasus, name shared by fathers of several heroes of the Trojan War:
- of Hippomedon by the nymph Ocyrrhoe
- of Charops and Socus
- of Agelaus the Milesian
- of Coeranus the Lycian
- of Hypsenor
- of Demoleon the Lacedaemonian
- of Apisaon the Paeonian
- of two nameless - only known by the patronymic Hippasides - charioteers:
- Hippasus from the Pellene district of the Peloponnese, father of Actor, Iphitus, Asterion, Amphion, and Naubolus. The latter four are otherwise ascribed different parentage.
- Hippasus from Phlius opposed his fellow citizens, who wished to accede to the wishes of the Dorian Rhegnidas and make him their king. He and his fellow supporters fled to Samos. Hippasus is the ancestor of the philosopher Pythagoras, Pythagoras being the son of Mnesarchus, the son of Euphranor, the son of Hippasus.
- Quintus Smyrnaeus, The Fall of Troy, 11. 36
- Homer. The Iliad, 11.426.
- Quintus Smyrnaeus, The Fall of Troy, 1. 279
- Ovid, Metamorphoses, 13. 257
- Homer. The Iliad, 13.411.
- Quintus Smyrnaeus. The Fall of Troy, 10.126.
- Homer. The Iliad, 17.348.
- Quintus Smyrnaeus. The Fall of Troy, 6.562.
- Quintus Smyrnaeus. The Fall of Troy, 9. 150
- Ovid, Metamorphoses, 8. 313
- Hyginus, Fabulae, 173
- Theoi Project - Calydonian Boar.
- Bibliotheca 1. 9. 16
- Hyginus Fabulae, 14.
- Statius. Thebaid, 7.340.
- Ovid, Metamorphoses, 12. 352
- Theoi Project - Kentauroi Thessalioi
- Hyginus. Fabulae, 90.
- Quintus Smyrnaeus, The Fall of Troy, 11. 87
- Apollodorus. The Library, 2.7.7.
- Antoninus Liberalis, Metamorphoses, 10
- Pausanias. Description of Greece, 2.13.1; 2.13.2.