Hamashima at the 2008 Japanese Grand Prix.
|Title||Head of the Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team Tyre Development|
Hirohide Hamashima (浜島 裕英 Hirohide Hamashima?, born 1952 in Tokyo), also known as Hammy, is the director of the Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team Tyre Development. He worked for Bridgestone as the director of its Motorsport Tyre Development until 2011.
He has consistently worked on the development of tires for motor sports since 1981. He worked in many racing categories, such as Formula Two, DTM, the Indianapolis 500, Formula One and MotoGP. When the company started to supply tire to Formula One in 1997, Hamashima took leading role to develop racing tire.
During the Formula One era, he often appeared on the Fuji TV's F1 program even in Grands Prix weekends and commented as a tire engineer, about the compatibility of the circuit and the tire, and other related matters. Thus, he became well known among Formula One fans in Japan.
- "Ferrari moves to cure tyre issues by signing former Bridgestone F1 chief Hamashima". Autosport. 11 January 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- Hirohide Hamashima (2005). The World's Fastest Formula One tyre–The battle of a Bridgestone engineer (世界最速のF1タイヤ―ブリヂストン・エンジニアの闘い Sekai-saisoku no F1 tyre – Bridgestone Engineer no tatakai?) (in Japanese). Shinchosha. ISBN 4-10-610110-6.
- Hirohide Hamashima (2011). The equation of strategy in Formula One–The World title winning Bridgestone's F1 tyre (Ｆ１ 戦略の方程式 世界を制したブリヂストンのＦ１タイヤ F1 Senryaku no Hoteishiki Sekai o seishita Bridgestone no F1 tyre?) (in Japanese). Kadokawa Shoten. ISBN 4-04-710294-6.
- Bridgestone Motorsport - (English) / (Japanese)
- Hirohide Hamashima's Grands Prix preview 2010 - (Japanese)
- Hirohide Hamashima's Grands Prix preview 2009 - (Japanese)
- Hirohide Hamashima's Grands Prix preview 2008 - (Japanese)
- Hirohide Hamashima's Grands Prix preview 2007 - (Japanese)
- Hirohide Hamashima's Grands Prix preview 2006 - (Japanese)
- Hirohide Hamashima talks about Formula One drivers - (Japanese)