Hiroshima Electric Railway
|Type||Public TYO: 9033|
|Industry||Transportation (streetcar, bus),
|Founded||June 18, 1910|
|Headquarters||2-9-29 Higashisenda-machi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima 730-8610, Japan|
Hiroshima Electric Railway Co., Ltd. (広島電鉄株式会社 Hiroshima Dentetsu Kabushiki-gaisha?) is a Japanese transportation company established on June 18, 1910, that operates streetcars and buses in and around Hiroshima Prefecture. It is known as "Hiroden" (広電?) for short.
The company's rolling stock includes an eclectic range of trams manufactured from across Japan and Europe, earning it the nickname "The Moving Streetcar Museum".
The company accepts PASPY, a smart card ticket system, from January 2008.
Railway and streetcar
- One Railway line with one route for 16.1 km. (Miyajima Line)
- Six Streetcar inner-city lines with eight routes for 19.0 km.
- Operates 271 streetcars.
- The company has the longest and busiest streetcar service in Japan.
Key terminal stations
- Hiroshima Station (connect to JR Hiroshima Station)
- Yokogawa Station (connect to JR Yokogawa Station)
- Hiroshima Port Station (connect with ferries and hydrofoils for Matsuyama, Imabari, Kure, Miyajima, Etajima and some other islands in Seto Inland Sea)
- Hondori Station (connect to Astram Line Hondori Station)
- Hakushima Station
- Eba Station
- Hiroden-nishi-hiroshima Station (connect to JR Nishi-Hiroshima Station)
- Hiroden-miyajima-guchi Station (connect to JR Miyajimaguchi Station and JR Miyajima Ferry and Miyajima Matsudai Kisen ferries for Miyajima)
List of lines and routes
- City area
- No.2:The prefecture office of Hiroshima (ja) - Hiroshima Station - Fuchū
- No.3:Hiroshima Station - Hacchōbori - Kamiyachō - Hiroshima City Hall (ja) - Kan'on
- No.4:Prefecture office - Hiroshima Station - Niho/Mukainada
- No.5:Ushita - Hiroshima Station - Hiroshima University Hospital (ja)
- No.6:Ushita - Hatchōbori - Kamiyachō - City Hall - Funairi - Eba
- No.7:(Yokogawa Station - Tokaichi-machi - )Kamiyachō - City Hall - University Hospital - Niho/Mukainada
- The bus runs only in morning between Yokogawa - Kamiyacho
- No.8:Yokogawa - Kan'on
- No.10:Nishi-Hiroshima Station - City Hall - University Hospital
- No.12:Hesaka - Hacchōbori - Miyuki-Bashi - Niho/ - Asahimachi/ - Hondōri - Miyuki-Bashi - Niho (Express)
- The route for Asahimachi and Express bus only runs in rush time.
- No.13:Hiroshima Station - Inari-machi - Chuden-mae - City Hall
- 28 Bus routes for the suburbs.
- 1 through Bus route to Kure
- 6 Superhighway bus routes around Chūgoku region and Tokyo.
- Hiroshima Airport Limousine bus.
- Operate 489 Buses.
Main bus stations
- Hiroshima Bus Center, the main terminal bus station in central Hiroshima
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hiroshima Electric Railway.|
- 車両紹介 ‐ 単車 (Cars: Single cars) of the Hiroshima Electric Railway official website. Retrieved on February 15, 2008.