Hitoshi Doi (土井 仁志 Doi Hitoshi ) was born October 17, 1963 in Chigasaki, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. Doi was a Japanese baseball player, winning several awards during his career. He also runs an English language anime and voice actor information website, which was established on June 10, 1994.
Doi's baseball career began in 1989, and he has won awards[clarification needed] in 1992, 2001, and 2002.
Personal website and voice actor database
Doi's personal website contains over 94,000 individual pages, and he is considered to be one of the most well-known fans of anime and voice acting in the English-speaking world. In addition to personal information, his views on various anime and manga series, and information on his hobbies, Doi's site contains a massive "Voice Actor Database". In 2001, the database contained over 50,000 entries, and it is considered by anime fans to be a definitive source of Japanese voice acting information. In 1998, Mary Grigsby called two of his sites "two of the more informative World Wide Web URL addresses", and used his site as a reference.
- "Hitoshi Doi". Retrieved 2006-08-11.
- "Guests' Web Picks". Anime Web Turnpike. 1999-08-30. Retrieved 2006-08-11.
- "Seiyuu Database surpasses 50,000 entries". Anime News Network. 2001-11-02. Retrieved 2006-08-11.
- Grigsby, Mary (1998). "Sailormoon: Manga (Comics) and Anime (Cartoon) Superheroine Meets Barbie: Global Entertainment Commodity Comes to the United States" The Journal of Popular Culture 32 (1) 59-80 doi:10.1111/j.0022-3840.1998.3201_59.x
- Wilner, Norman. "Anime fest invades Toronto." Toronto Star. June 18, 1999. Entertainment Start Page 1. Retrieved on April 1, 2012.
|This biographical article relating to a Japanese baseball pitcher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|