Ho Chi Minh City University of Science
|Ho Chi Minh City University of Science|
|President||Prof. Trần Linh Thước |
|Location||Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam|
Ho Chi Minh City University of Science (abbreviation: HCMUS; formerly known as Ho Chi Minh City University of Natural Sciences, HCMUNS) was re-founded in March 1996 following a split from Đại học Tổng hợp (literally: Combined University). The school has since been a member university of Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City. It is entrusted with providing education at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and undertaking scientific research as well as technological transfer.
The school was originally a department from the Indochina College of Science, which began operating in 1946. In 1956, this department was renamed "Science department" and merged to form Saigon University. In 1977, it merged with several other school and colleges to form the Commons University. In March 1996, the university reformed HCMUNS is a separate instutituion again, as a member of the Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City (VNU-HCM).
- In 1942, the School of Science was established by the Division of Indochina Science College.
- In 1956, the school was upgraded with a new called University of Saigon.
- In 1977, the university was merged with the School of Letters calling The HoChiMinh City University.
- In 1996, the University of Natural Science was officially founded in affiliate with the Vietnam National University - Ho Chi Minh City.
- In 2007, the name was revised as University of Science to mark a new stage of the teaching of sophisticated sciences and computer technology.
- Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Faculty of Physics and Engineering Physics
- Faculty of Electronics & Telecommunications
- Faculty of Chemistry
- Faculty of Biology
- Faculty of Geology
- Faculty of Environmental Science
- Faculty of Materials Science
|This Vietnam university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|