|Founded||Birmingham, Alabama U.S. (1940)|
|Headquarters||Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.|
|Key people||Rob Burton, President
Jeremy DiPiazza, CFO
Steve McCord, COO
Design / Build
|Revenue||US$$681 million (2012)|
|Website||Hoar Construction Website|
Hoar Construction is a privately held heavy construction company specializing in commercial and industrial buildings, health care, and retail construction. Founded in 1940 by F. R. Hoar, and headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, the company is currently ranked as one of the top construction managers and retail contractors in the United States. In addition to its Birmingham headquarters, Hoar also has offices in Huntsville, Mobile, Orlando, Nashville, and Houston.
Founded in Birmingham, Alabama, the company initially specialized in the construction of churches throughout the Birmingham area. R.N. Hoar joined his father's construction business in 1947, and F.R. Hoar and Son was established. After completing construction on 45 churches, F.R. Hoar and Son expanded its focus to include commercial and industrial projects. The company renamed itself Hoar Construction in 1985. With US$537 million in revenue for 2007, Hoar Construction was ranked 12th among Birmingham's 100 largest companies; in 2008, it was named the fifth best place to work in America.
According to the Birmingham Business Journal, Hoar construction "has built more than 100 enclosed malls, 250 theater screens, more than 90,000,000 square feet (8,400,000 m2) of retail space, and more than 5,000,000 square feet (460,000 m2) of commercial space since its founding in 1940.
- Granite Westchase II in Houston, Texas
- SODO in Orlando, Florida
- Shelby Center for Engineering Technology on the campus of the Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama
- Kindred Hospital Riviera Beach in Riviera Beach, Florida
- Airbus Engineering Design Center in Mobile, Alabama
- Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum in Birmingham, Alabama
- Mercato in Naples, Florida
- Spain Park High School in Hoover, Alabama
- Shelby Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Facility on the campus of the University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Airbus A320 Family assembly line in Mobile, Alabama
- "Company Profile: Hoar Construction L.L.C.". Goliath: Business Knowledge on Deman. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "Office: Alabama". Hoar Construction. Retrieved 2008-07-22.[dead link]
- "Hoar Construction LLC Company Profile". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- Nicholson, Gilbert (2003-06-13). "Hoar Construction takes award in its category". Birmingham Business Journal. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "History: About Hoar". Hoar Construction. Archived from the original on 2008-06-13. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- West, Ty (2007-10-26). "Diverse model helps push Hoar Construction up list". Birmingham Business Journal. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "Hoar Construction Name #5 Best Place to Work (Industry News - July 2008)". Southeast Construction. July 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "Airbus Appoints Program Manager for its Mobile Assembly Line". Airbus. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- Hoar Construction Website
- Hoar Construction's Rankings
- Hoar Construction's Market Sectors
- Hoar Construction's Retail Projects
- Hoar Construction's Healthcare Projects
- Hoar Construction's Office Projects
- Hoar Construction's Entertainment Projects
- Hoar Construction's Government Projects
- Hoar Construction's Education Projects
- Hoar Construction's Hospitality-Residential Projects
- Hoar Construction's Industrial Projects
- Hoar Construction's Heavy-Civil-Concrete Projects