Hobie Call (b. 1977) is an American obstacle course racer. As of 2011 he had the fastest known time for lunging a mile (24:56). Call is a multiple-time winner of the Spartan Race, an obstacle race with challenges similar to those found in the television program American Gladiators. In 2011 he attempted, but did not complete, The Spartan Death Race, the most challenging version of the Spartan Race, which consists of a 48 hour run with mud, obstacles, physical and mental challenges.
A native of Utah, he is the father of five children.
Call won the Scramble Gamble at the Superhero Scramble race in Miami, FL on March 12, 2012. He finished first with a time of 33:29 and won a cash purse of $2,000. Hobie also ran in and won the Scramble Gamble race in Waldo, FL on July 28, 2012 with a finishing time of 27:05. Since, Hobie has won many Superhero Scrambles.
Call took the first win of the Spartan Race season in Southern California. He finished the 8 mile course in under an hour.
- Tough Mudder
- Superhero Scramble
- Reed Albergotti "Grueling Race Puts Up Obstacles, Especially for One Man," Wall Street Journal, June 25, 2011
- "One man in the running for $100,000 Spartan Race prize" (Raleigh) News & Observer, June 22, 2011
- "Scramble Gamble | Adventure Race Cash Prize"
- "Congratulations to Hobie Call, Super Spartan SoCal winner and a $100,000 contender" Spartan Blog
- "Obstacle Racing Event in Killington, VT Attracts over 6,000 Racers" (Albany) Times Union, October 12, 2012
|This biographical article about an American track and field athlete is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|