Ice hockey arena
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Hockey Arena)
Notable hockey arenas in the world
This list is incomplete. See the link above for a more complete list.
Arena names with an asterisk (*) after their city name means that it has either been demolished or is no longer used by any ice hockey teams.
- The Forum in Montreal* was the home of 24 Stanley Cup Champions
- The Centre Bell in Montreal is the largest hockey arena of the National Hockey League.
- Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary was expandable to IIHF rink dimensions
- Rogers Arena in Vancouver hosted the 2010 Winter Olympics Men's Hockey Gold Medal match
- Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto* is currently the Ryerson Rams' athletic centre
- Air Canada Centre in Toronto
- Rexall Place in Edmonton
- Scotiabank Place in Ottawa, also known as Canadian Tire Center
- MTS Centre in Winnipeg
- Joe Louis Arena in Detroit is the largest hockey arena of the United States.
- Madison Square Garden in New York City is "The World's Most Famous Arena"
- Chicago Stadium in Chicago* was "The Madhouse on Madison"
- United Center in Chicago
- Staples Center in Los Angeles
- Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh
- Boston Garden in Boston* (1928-1995) had an undersized rink because it was built when the NHL had no regulation rink specifications
- Matthews Arena, in Boston, the world's oldest indoor ice hockey venue still in use (opened 1910), hosts the NU Huskies collegiate hockey teams
- TD Garden in Boston
- Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul
- Pepsi Center in Denver
- American Airlines Center in Dallas
- BB&T Center in Sunrise
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville
- First Niagara Center in Buffalo
- Honda Center in Anaheim
- Jobing.com Arena in Glendale
- Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale
- Nationwide Arena in Columbus
- PNC Arena in Raleigh
- Prudential Center in Newark
- SAP Center at San Jose in San Jose
- Scottrade Center in St. Louis
- Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa
- Verizon Center in Washington
- Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia
- The Stadio Olympica in Cortina d'Ampezzo was the main venue of the 1956 Winter Olympics.
- The Palasport Olimpico in Turin was the main venue of the 2006 Winter Olympics.
- The Pala Hodegart in Asiago is one of the most important ice rink in Italy, in the 2010 Asiago wins the Italy championship
- Odyssey Arena in Belfast
- Braehead Arena in Glasgow
- National Ice Centre in Nottingham
- Sheffield Arena in Sheffield
Centre Bell in Montreal
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Ice hockey venues.|
- Ice Hockey Arena
- Hockeyarenas.net Information about ice hockey arenas from around the world
- Hockey Rinks and Arenas in North America w/ Schedules A directory of Ice Hockey Arenas Throughout North America w/ Schedules established 1997