Hockey Calgary is the governing body for ice hockey in the city of Calgary, Alberta, Canada at the Junior "B", Junior "C", and Minor levels. The organization is a subsection of Hockey Alberta and Hockey Canada.
- Blackfoot (serving the southeast)
- Bow River (serving the northwest
- Bow Valley (serving the southeast)
- Crowfoot (serving the northwest)
- Glenlake (serving the majority of the northwest)
- Lake Bonavista (serving the southeast)
- Mcknight (serving the northwest and areas of the northeast)
- Midnapore (serving the northeast)
- Northwest Warriors (serving the majority of the northwest)
- Saints (serving the northeast)
- Shaw Meadows (serving both southeast and west)
- Simons Valley (serving the northwest)
- Southland (serving the southwest)
- Springbank (serving areas just outside city limits)
- Trails West (serving the southwest)
Calgary Junior Hockey League
The Calgary Junior Hockey League is a Canadian Junior "B" league. The league competes against the different Junior "B" leagues in Alberta for the Alberta Provincial Junior B Hockey Championship. The winner of the provincial will compete against the champions of the British Columbia Amateur Hockey Association, Saskatchewan Hockey Association, Hockey Manitoba, and Hockey Northwestern Ontario for the Keystone Cup -- the Western Canadian Jr. B Crown.
Calgary Junior C Hockey League
The Calgary Junior "C" League is run out of the different city centers in Calgary. The champion and two runners-up compete against the top three teams of the Noralta Junior Hockey League for the Provincial Junior "C" Title.
In recent years (2008–2011) the Calgary Junior Junior C League has been dominated by two clubs: Southside Thunder and Crowchild Blackhawks.
Over the past 4 years (2008–2011) the Thunder have been a dominant force, especially in 2008 and 2009 finishing first in the regular season with records of 27-4-2, +129 GF, and 28-2-2, +174 GF while capturing both Championships. The 2009 Championship victory was especially sweet with 4-3 and 3-2 OT victories against their nemesis team the Crowchild Blackhawks. The Thunder finished 3rd in the 2010 standings with a record of 22-3-3, +119GF but lost the finals 5-3 to Crowchild. In 2011 they again did well during the season with a 24-4-0, +120GF record but fell to 3rd losing out to the Crowchild Blackhawks 3-2 and Springbank 2-1.
The other particularly dominant team during this period was the Crowchild Blackhawks. In 2009 they finished second in the season to the Thunder with a 27-4-1, +205GF record. Crowchild could not beat the Thunder losing 4-3 and 3-2 in OT to finish second. In 2010 the Blackhawks sat atop the standings with a 25-2-1, +160 GF record. They beat the Thunder in the playoffs 3-2 in Triple OT and capped the season by winning the championship 5-3, even after being down 3-0. This past season the Crowchild Blackhawks put up a perfect record of 27-0-1, +140GF before capping the season with victories over the Thunder 3-2 and in the championship game 2-1 in Triple OT over Springbank.
- Hockey Canada
- Hockey Alberta
- Calgary Junior Hockey League
- Alberta Junior Hockey League
- Western Hockey League
- Ice hockey in Calgary