Hogging (sexual practice)
Hogging refers to the practice of groups of men who target overweight or obese women, typically for sexual encounters. Unlike fat fetishists, men who participate in hogging are not necessarily sexually attracted to obese women's bodies; they aim to take advantage of a female's stereotypical low self-esteem or to derive amusement for themselves and their friends by engaging in sexual activities with women who are overweight. In fraternities, hogging refers to a game which is won by the pledge who returns to the fraternity house with the "fattest female who can be found". 
An unofficial study by Judith A. Sanders of the California State Polytechnic University Communications Department in Pomona found its use as an offensive slang term to "mack or dance" with overweight women, and Sarah Fenske offered an essay called "Big Game Hunters" in Scoot Over, Skinny: The Fat Nonfiction Anthology detailing various discussions by men regarding the practice. The essay was reprinted in the Cleveland Scene in October 2003.
This practice was further discussed in an article in volume 27 of the interdisciplinary journal Deviant Behavior by Jeannine Gailey and Ariane Prohaska, "'Knocking off a Fat Girl': An Exploration of Hogging, Male Sexuality, and Neutralizations". In the article, they claim that the practice of hogging is "a part of a larger problem of cultural misogyny".
- Quarles, Bobby (2006). Get Off Your Butt, America!. AuthorHouse. pp. 8–9. ISBN 1-4259-4356-X.
- Fenske, Sarah (2003-10-01). "Big Game Hunters". Cleveland Scene. Village Voice Media. Retrieved 2007-09-23.
- Gailey, Jeannine; Prohaska, Ariane (2006), "Knocking off a Fat Girl:" An Exploration of Hogging, Male Sexuality, and Neutralizations, Deviant Behavior 27 (1): 31–49
- Prohaska, Ariane; Gailey, Jeannine (2009). "Fat Women as "Easy Targets: Achieving Masculinity Through Hogging"". In Rothblum, Esther; Solovay, Sondra. The Fat Studies Reader. NYU Press. ISBN 978-0-8147-7631-5.
- Fenske, Sarah (2003). "Big game hunters: They're men who chase chubbies for sport and pleasure: They call it hogging". Scene 34. pp. 15–18. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
|This sexuality-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|