Hold On to Me (John Michael Montgomery song)
|"Hold On to Me"|
|Single by John Michael Montgomery|
|from the album Leave a Mark|
|Released||September 28, 1998|
|Writer(s)||Blair Daly, Will Rambeaux|
|Producer(s)||Csaba Petocz, John Michael Montgomery|
|John Michael Montgomery singles chronology|
"Hold On to Me" is the title of a song written by Blair Daly and Will Rambeaux, and recorded by American country music artist John Michael Montgomery. It was released in September 1998 as the third and final single from his album Leave a Mark. It peaked at #4 in both the United States and Canada.
The song is a ballad that paints vivid images of couplehood in a blissful state.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably saying that "there's a simple honesty in the lyric of this song." She goes on to say that the production is skilled and the emphasis is on Montgomery's "self-assured vocal performance."
The music video was directed by Jim Shea and premiered in early 1999.
"Hold On to Me" debuted at number 60 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of October 10, 1998. It peaked at #33 on the Billboard Hot 100, making it Montgomery's first and only top 40 hit. It is his most successful single to date.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||4|
|US Billboard Hot 100||33|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||4|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||24|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||30|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 236.
- Billboard, October 3, 1998
- "RPM Country Tracks." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. March 8, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "John Michael Montgomery Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for John Michael Montgomery.
- "John Michael Montgomery Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for John Michael Montgomery.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1999". RPM. December 13, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Best of 1999: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.