Hold Your Head Up
|"Hold Your Head Up, Woman"|
|Single by Argent|
|from the album All Together Now|
|B-side||"Closer to Heaven"|
|Genre||Hard rock, progressive rock|
|Length||6:15 (Album version)
3:15 (Single edit)
2:52 (Radio edit)
|Writer(s)||Rod Argent, Chris White|
|Producer(s)||Rod Argent, Chris White|
|Argent singles chronology|
"Hold Your Head Up" is a song by British progressive rock band Argent, released as a single in 1972. The song was a Top 5 hit in both the US and UK, peaking at #5 in both countries. The album version is 6:15 while the single version is 3:15. The DJ edit has a run-time of 2:53.
Background and composition
Release and reception
Steppenwolf covered "Hold Your Head Up" on their 1982 album Wolftracks. Uriah Heep also covered the song on their 1989 album Raging Silence. Fish performed a version of the song on his covers album, Songs from the Mirror. Mr. Big covered the song during their 2009 reunion tour and is available on Back to Budokan live DVD and CD. A studio version was also recorded as a bonus on the CD version.
- Argent, Rod. "The Zombies - Full Performance (Live on KEXP)". YouTube/KEXP. pp. comments start at 21:00. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- Erlewine, Stephen. "All Together Now review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- "Ron Galloway: Interview With the Zombie - Rod Argent On Gershwin, Bill Evans, Miles Davis & The Penny Lane Piano". Huffingtonpost.com. 18 March 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Wolftracks Overview". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- Henderson, Alex. "Raging Silence review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- "Back to Budokan review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved April 15, 2013.
|This 1970s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|