Holding Back the River
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2006)|
|Holding Back the River|
|Studio album by Wet Wet Wet|
|Released||October 30, 1989 (UK)|
|Producer||Wet Wet Wet|
|Wet Wet Wet chronology|
Holding Back the River is the third studio album by Wet Wet Wet. It was released on October 30, 1989. The album is actually a follow-up to their debut, Popped In Souled Out. Its offspring singles were "Sweet Surrender", "Broke Away", "Hold Back the River" and "Stay With Me Heartache (Can't Stand the Night)". The album reached #2 in the charts.
1000 of the first CD pressings of this album include an unlisted 10th track called "How The Hell Did They Get There" and was only available on limited edition copies at Littlewoods stores in the United Kingdom. The song was later added to the digital download copies of the album and can also be found on the CD and 12" vinyl versions of single Sweet Surrender, but never put onto future CD and Vinyl pressings for the album.
All tracks by Clark/Cunningham/Mitchell/Pellow unless otherwise stated.
- "Sweet Surrender" 6:00
- "Stay With Me Heartache (Can't Stand the Night)" 4:10
- "Blue for You" (orchestral arrangements by Anne Dudley) 4:51
- "Broke Away" 4:45
- "You've Had It" 5:12
- "I Wish" 5:04
- "Keys to Your Heart" 4:23
- "Maggie May" (Martin Quittenton, Rod Stewart) 6:02
- "Hold Back the River" 4:45
- "How The Hell Did They Get There" (hidden track) 3:38 *
- Hidden track was only on the first pressing of 1000 to Littlewoods Music Stores