|Origin||Liverpool, United Kingdom|
|Members||(As of 2008)
Holice (pron. HOL-ISS) are a Merseyside based electro-pop band consisting of Chris Oakley, Stephen Davies and Sarah Owen. Holice have recorded one studio album to date. They will feature a song on the last Twilight film, Breaking Dawn.
Stephen and Chris met at drama group, and one day Stephen found Sarah on a set of stairs in Liverpool. He introduced her to Chris and they have been recording songs and filming videos their own way ever since. Their debut single "Make the Night Worthwhile" was recorded in 2008 and released later that year. It wasn't very good, neither are the band. They aren't liked within local circles, often seen as arrogant and up themselves as well as being over opinionated on all manner of menial things while trying to come across as intellectual.
Stephen has featured in several television shows including Emmerdale, Coronation Street, Shameless and Hollyoaks. Films include Dancing thru the Dark, Back Door Angels 9, Blonde Fist and The Iron Lady with Meryl Streep and Richard E Grant.
In July 2011 the band announced singer Louise (Loopy) Littler was to join the band as their new lead singer. Loopy's vocal work brought some sort of magic and in July when their single "Release" came out it was instantly picked up and put into rotation throughout many major high street brands in store radio stations and music feeds.
Holice are also talking with the writers of a new Sky One comedy drama, currently with the working title "Sitting", to write and record the theme tune.
Holice are signed to Cold Communications, which was set up by Chris specifically to help promote Holice.
- 10 Chakras (2009)
- "Make the Night Worthwhile" (2008)
- "Blessed" (2008)
- "Tokyo Boy" (2009)
- "Remember You're a Womble" (2009)
- "When You're Around" (2010)
- "So Beautiful" (2010)
- "The Hoo Song" (2011)
- "Release" (2011)
- Smith, Mark (15 June 2010), "Halton electro-pop band Holice asked to record track for Twilight movie Breaking Dawn", Runcorn and Widnes Weekly News, retrieved 19 February 2011
- Owen, Nikki (14 June 2010), "Merseyside Electro-pop band asked to record track for Twilight Breaking Dawn", Liverpool Echo, retrieved 19 February 2011
- McKenzie, Daniel (12 January 2011), "Widnes elctro-pop band Holice to donate profits to Help for Heroes", Runcorn & Widnes Weekly, retrieved 23 February 2011
- Oakley, Chris (13 February 2011), "Ste in new Meryl Streep film", Holice, retrieved 23 February 2011K
- Smith, Mark (14 July 2011), "Holice unveil Louise Littler as new lead singer", Runcorn & Widnes Weekly, retrieved 23 February 2011
- Oakley, Chris (1 August 2011), "Pizza Hut, La Senza, J.D Wetherspoons play Release", Holice, retrieved 23 February 2011
- Hirst, Gemma (1 August 2011), "Christine Marshall Comedy Drama TV writer", Gemma Hirst, retrieved 23 February 2011
- Davis, Stephen (2 February 2011), "Much Ado About Holice", Cold Communications, retrieved 19 February 2011