Holiday City-Berkeley, New Jersey
|Holiday City-Berkeley, New Jersey|
Map of Holiday City-Berkeley CDP in Ocean County. Inset: Location of Ocean County in New Jersey.
|• Total||5.816 sq mi (15.063 km2)|
|• Land||5.752 sq mi (14.898 km2)|
|• Water||0.064 sq mi (0.165 km2) 1.09%|
|Elevation||42 ft (13 m)|
|Population (2010 Census)|
|• Density||2,230.6/sq mi (861.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern (EDT) (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||02389942|
Holiday City-Berkeley is a census-designated place (CDP) and unincorporated area located within Berkeley Township, in Ocean County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the CDP's population was 13,884.
Holiday City-Berkeley is a retirement community where residents must be over the age of 55 to own property and participate in community recreational activities.
In the Holiday City communities, homes are detached, ranch style built on minimum 50' x 100' lots, with some lots being larger to accommodate larger models.
Holiday City consists of five separate communities, each with its own homeowners association and amenities:
In the Silver Ridge Communities, homes are single-story detached on a crawl space, each with attached garage, and situated on 60' x 100' lots. Floor plans vary considerably. In addition to living room, dining room, eat-in-kitchen, attached garage, one or two bedrooms and one or two bathrooms, homes may also include family rooms/dens, open or closed porches, sun rooms, patios and decks.
The adult communities of Silver Ridge Park consist of four separate areas, each with its own homeowners association and amenities. These are:
- Silver Ridge Park East
- Silver Ridge Park West
- Silver Ridge Park - Westerly Extension
- Silver Ridge Park North
Holiday City-Berkeley is located at United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 5.816 square miles (15.063 km2), of which, 5.752 square miles (14.898 km2) of it is land and 0.064 square miles (0.165 km2) of it (1.09%) is water.(39.964154,-74.277814). According to the
|Population sources: 1960-1980
1990-2010 2000 2010
At the 2010 United States Census, there were 12,831 people, 8,152 households, and 3,693 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,230.6 per square mile (861.2 /km2). There were 9,023 housing units at an average density of 1,568.6 per square mile (605.6 /km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 97.77% (12,545) White, 0.72% (92) Black or African American, 0.07% (9) Native American, 0.72% (93) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 0.27% (35) from other races, and 0.44% (57) from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 2.40% (308) of the population.
There were 8,152 households of which 0.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 37.4% were married couples living together, 6.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 54.7% were non-families. 51.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 42.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.55 and the average family size was 2.13.
In the CDP, 0.1% of the population were under the age of 18, 0.7% from 18 to 24, 3.6% from 25 to 44, 22.7% from 45 to 64, and 72.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 73.5 years. For every 100 females there were 67.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 67.2 males.
As of the 2000 United States Census there were 13,884 people, 8,575 households, and 4,433 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 930.7/km2 (2,410.9/mi2). There were 9,015 housing units at an average density of 604.3/km2 (1,565.4/mi2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 98.97% White, 0.38% African American, 0.01% Native American, 0.22% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.05% from other races, and 0.35% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.09% of the population.
There were 8,575 households out of which 0.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 46.1% were married couples living together, 4.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 48.3% were non-families. 46.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 42.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.58 and the average family size was 2.08.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 0.1% under the age of 18, 0.4% from 18 to 24, 2.1% from 25 to 44, 13.6% from 45 to 64, and 83.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 76 years. For every 100 females there were 65.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 65.8 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $26,900, and the median income for a family was $33,575. Males had a median income of $35,197 versus $26,149 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $22,755. About 2.9% of families and 6.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under age 18 and 5.7% of those age 65 or over.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 13, 2013.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Holiday City-Berkeley Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed January 6, 2013.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Holiday City-Berkeley CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed January 5, 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- GCT-PH1 - Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place from the 2010 Census Summary File 1 for Ocean County, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed January 4, 2013.
- 2006-2010 American Community Survey Geography for New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed January 4, 2013.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, August 2012. Accessed January 4, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Staff. 1980 Census of Population: Number of Inhabitants United States Summary, p. 1-141. United States Census Bureau, June 1983. Accessed January 12, 2012.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: 2000 from the Census 2000 Summary File 1 (SF 1) 100-Percent Data for Holiday City-Berkeley CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed January 5, 2013.