Holland House, Cardiff
|Address||24-26 Newport Road,
Cardiff city centre
Holland House stands on the site which used to belong to the first secondary school in Cardiff.
The building used to be offices for Lloyds TSB. It was refurbished in 2003/4 for hotel use. The hotel was run by Macdonald Hotels until 2007 when it was sold to Accor to be run under the Mercure brand.
Holland House underwent a massive alteration and refurbishment project on the existing 16 storey concrete framed structure. This including the destruction of an existing 2 storey extension structure which consisted of heavily reinforced concrete walls, huge concrete panels and 800mm thick reinforced support beams and upright columns. The 2 storey extension itself was 30 x 15 metre² and was built on top of an existing basement car park area.
Mercure Holland House and Spa is a 4 star hotel with 165 rooms, all of which have air conditioning and complimentary internet access. The hotel has a first floor restaurant and a lounge bar. The Spa has an indoor heated pool and there are 17 meeting spaces for up to 645 guests.
- Cardiffians | The suburb of Adamsdown
- Skyscraper News | Macdonald Holland House
- Macdonald Hotels | Macdonald Hotels completes its hotel sale
- Doctor Who locations | Newport Road Lane
- Denver Construction Services | Project Details » Holland House Hotel (Cardiff)
- Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa
- Venues | Mercure Holland House Hotel and Spa Cardiff