Holland with Boston by-election, 1924
The by-election was caused by the death of the town's Labour Member of Parliament (MP) William Stapleton Royce, who had held the seat since its creation for the 1918 general election. The Liberal candidate was the son of Sir Richard Winfrey, MP for South West Norfolk from 1906–1923 and Gainsborough from 1923-24.
|By-election 1924: Holland with Boston|
|Liberal||Richard Pattinson Winfrey||7,596||23.3||N/A|
|Conservative gain from Labour||Swing|
- The London Gazette: . 5 August 1924. Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- Craig, F. W. S. (1983) . British parliamentary election results 1918-1949 (3rd edition ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. ISBN 0-900178-06-X.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "H" (part 3)[self-published source][better source needed]
- Holland with Boston constituency
- Holland with Boston by-election, 1929
- Holland with Boston by-election, 1937
- List of United Kingdom by-elections (1918–1931)