Hollick-Kenyon, Edmonton

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Hollick-Kenyon
Neighbourhood
Hollick-Kenyon is located in Edmonton
Hollick-Kenyon
Hollick-Kenyon
Location of Hollick-Kenyon in Edmonton
Coordinates: 53°37′26″N 113°25′23″W / 53.624°N 113.423°W / 53.624; -113.423
Country  Canada
Province  Alberta
City Edmonton
Quadrant[1] NW
Ward[1] 4
Sector[2] Northeast
Area[3][4] Pilot Sound
Government[5]
 • Administrative body Edmonton City Council
 • Councillor Ed Gibbons
Area[6]
 • Total 1.53 km2 (0.59 sq mi)
Elevation 687 m (2,254 ft)
Population (2012)[7]
 • Total 5,211
 • Density 3,405.9/km2 (8,821/sq mi)
 • Change (2009–12) Increase19.3%
 • Dwellings 1,815

Hollick-Kenyon is a residential neighbourhood located in north east Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The neighbourhood is named for aviator Herbert Hollick-Kenyon.

According to the 2001 federal census, substantially all residential development in the neighbourhood occurred after 1990.[8]

Nine out of every ten residences (91%), according to the 2005 municipal census, are single-family dwellings. The remaining one in ten residences (9%) are duplexes.[9] A substantial (97%) number of residences are owner-occupied.[10]

It is bounded on the north by 167 Avenue, on the south by 153 Avenue, on the west by 59A Street, and on the east by 50 Street.

Demographics[edit]

In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Hollick-Kenyon had a population of 5,211 living in 1,815 dwellings,[7] a 19.3% change from its 2009 population of 4,367.[11] With a land area of 1.53 km2 (0.59 sq mi),[6] it had a population density of 3,405.9 people/km2 in 2012.[7][6]

Surrounding neighbourhoods[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  2. ^ "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  3. ^ "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100". City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  4. ^ "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect". City of Edmonton. November 2011. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  5. ^ "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  6. ^ a b c "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  7. ^ a b c "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 
  8. ^ City of Edmonton. Census 2001. HOLLICK-KENYON
  9. ^ Duplexes include triplexes and fourplexes.
  10. ^ City of Edmonton. Census 2005. HOLLICK-KENYON
  11. ^ "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 

External links[edit]