Holly and Penguin
|Born||Holly Elizabeth Blakney
May 4, 1983
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
|Dog Training Academy of South Florida|
Holly Blakney (born on May 4, 1983) is an American dog trainer and actor.
Holly Blakney a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KSA) from the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers.
She helped start south Florida’s Dog Scout Troop #157 and is a Scout Master and Evaluator of the following badges: DSA, Obstacles 1,2 & 3, Agility, 60 Weave Pole Challenge, Rally, Naked Dog Obedience, Manners, Tricks, First Aid, Herding, Retrieve & Fundraising 1 & 2 .
She has been training dogs for over 15 years and showing dogs in competition obedience, herding and agility for 12 years. She enjoys sheep herding with her dogs and volunteering in nursing homes, hospitals and elementary schools performing pet assisted therapy.
Holly is the President and co-founder/owner of the Dog Training Academy of South Florida. Classes include puppy and adult dog classes, and Trick, Rally-O and Agility classes. The facility is located in Broward County in the city of Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Holly is an Animal Handler on film and television sets and has appeared in films.
- CPDT-KSA certification (www.ccpdt.org)
- Professional member of APDT (www.apdt.com)
- Canine Good Citizen Evaluator (www.akc.org)
- Scout Master and Evaluator for Dog Scouts of America (www.dogscouts.com)
- Certified in canine first aid and CPR
- Animal Handler on sets for print, commercial and film.
- Has competed in AKC obedience, agility, herding, Rally-O and Conformation with her dogs, earning over 25 titles.
- Trained, evaluated, mentored and certified instructors for Pet Super stores throughout South Florida (training and placing over 150+ trainers).
- Has attended seminars and workshops with Dr. Ian Dunbar (training, behavior), Karen Pryor (training, behavior), Pia Silvani (training, behavior modification), Michele Pouliot (freestyle), Brigitte van Gestel (freestyle), Emma Parsons (training, behavior modification), Gary Wilkes (training, behavior), Bud Houston (agility).
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2013)|