The hollyphant first appeared in first edition in the original Monster Manual II (1983).
The hollyphant appeared in second edition for the Planescape setting in Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix II (1995). In a review of Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix II for Arcane magazine, the reviewer described hollyphants as "mutant killer elephants with wings" and felt that they were introduced to "ensure that the planes maintain their very necessary bizarre flavour".
Hollyphants look like tiny, golden-furred elephants only 2 feet long, with a pair of shining white wings sprouting from its back.
Alignment: Always Neutral Good
Organization: Solitary or family (2-4)
Challenge Rating: 8
Special abilities: They can manifest a large winged mastodon form to aid them in melee combat.
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- Baker, Rich, Tim Beach, Wolfgang Baur, Michele Carter, and Colin McComb. Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix II (TSR, 1995)
- Webb, Trenton (January 1996). "Games Reviews". Arcane (Future Publishing) (2): 71.
- Wyatt, James, Darrin Drader, Christopher Perkins. Book of Exalted Deeds (Wizards of the Coast, 2003)
- Perkins, Christopher. "Holier Than Thou." Dragon #312 (TSR, 2003)
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|