Hollywood/NE 42nd Ave Transit Center
|MAX light rail station|
Westbound train is stopped at the MAX platform, located north of the T.H. Banfield Expressway
|Location||1410 Northeast 42nd Avenue
|Platforms||one island platform|
|Bicycle facilities||bike lockers and banks|
|Opened||September 5, 1986|
Hollywood/Northeast 42nd Avenue Transit Center station is a light rail station in the MAX Light Rail system and is located in the Hollywood District of Portland, Oregon. It is the 11th stop eastbound on the eastside MAX main line. It is served by the Blue, Green and Red Lines.
The station is located south of the intersection of Northeast 42nd Avenue and Halsey Street. The platform is between Interstate 84 and a Union Pacific Railroad line and is connected by stairs and an elevator to a pedestrian bridge which connects to transit center bus bays to the north and neighborhoods to the south, across the freeway. The platform is separated from the freeway only by the eastbound tracks and a low crash wall, causing the platform level of this station to be somewhat noisy most hours of the day.
This transit center by the Hollywood Bowl is served by the following bus lines:
- 66 – Marquam Hill/Hollywood (stop ID number 10871)
- 75 – Cesar Chavez/Lombard (stop ID numbers 10868 and 10872)
- 77 – Broadway/Halsey (stop ID numbers 10869 and 10870)
Note: Line 12-Barbur/Sandy Blvd stops nearby on Sandy Blvd.
- Federman, Stan (September 5, 1986). "Going to the MAX: Facts to know about the new line".The Oregonian, special section ("Light rail rolls"), p. T10.
- Bailey Jr., Everton (August 30, 2012). "TriMet boosts most fares starting Saturday; some routes changing". The Oregonian. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- Transit Centers – TriMet page
- MAX station information (with westbound ID number) from TriMet
- MAX station information (with eastbound ID number) from TriMet
- MAX Light Rail Stations – more general TriMet page