Hollywood Screen Test
|Hollywood Screen Test|
|Presented by||Bert Lytell
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original run||April 15, 1948– May 1, 1953|
Originally the show aired on Sundays at 8pm ET. In later seasons, the show aired on Saturdays at 7:30pm ET and Mondays at 7:30pm ET.
The series was the first network series broadcast on ABC-TV, which started TV broadcasting in April 1948.
Debuting on 15 April 1948, and hosted first by Bert Lytell and then Neil Hamilton, Hollywood Screen Test sought to give exposure to many up-and-coming actors who were looking for their big break. The relatively unknown actors would be picked to guest star on the show, then they would have half-hour scenes of dialogue with established stage and screen actors.
- 1948-49 United States network television schedule
- 1949-50 United States network television schedule
- 1950-51 United States network television schedule
- 1951-52 United States network television schedule
- 1952-53 United States network television schedule
- The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-Present. Ballantine Books. 2003. p. 542. ISBN 0-345-45542-8.
- UCLA Film and Television Archive entry