Holy Cross Cemetery, Colma
Holy Cross Mausoleum
|Owned by||Archdiocese of San Francisco|
|Size||300 acres (1.2 km2)|
|Website||Holy Cross Cemetery|
|Find a Grave|||
|The Political Graveyard|||
Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery in Colma, California is an American Roman Catholic cemetery operated by the Archdiocese of San Francisco. Established in 1887 on 300 acres (1.2 km2) of a former potato farm, it is the oldest and largest cemetery established in Colma to serve the needs of San Francisco. Several notable historical figures are interred at Holy Cross. One of the cemetery sequences in the film Harold and Maude was filmed here.
 Notable burials
- Joseph Alemany, San Francisco's first archbishop.
- Joseph Alioto. Mayor of San Francisco (1968-1976). 
- Delos R. Ashley. Nevada U.S. Representative.
- Joe Carcione. "The Green Grocer" columnist and personality. 
- Casey, Patrick and Terence. A brother team who were popular writers for the pulp magazines from 1910 through the early '20s.
- Eugene Casserly. U.S. Senator. 
- John Chapman. Civil War soldier, Medal of Honor recipient.
- Joe Corbett, Major League Baseball pitcher.
- Frank Crosetti. New York Yankees baseball teammate of Joe DiMaggio.
- Michael de Young, Co-founder of the San Francisco Chronicle, namesake of the M. H. de Young Memorial Museum. 
- Joe DiMaggio, Baseball Hall of Fame .
- John G. Downey, 7th Governor of California.
- James Graham Fair, Bonanza King, U.S. Senator. 
- Abigail Folger, Heiress, socialite, Manson murder victim. 
- Kathryn Forbes, Writer 
- Tirey L. Ford, Attorney-General for California.
- Charlie Fox, Major League Baseball manager, coach, and scout. 
- A.P. Giannini. Founder of Bank of America. 
- Charlie Geggus. Major League Baseball player, who played one season for the 1884 Washington Nationals of the Union Association. 
- Vince Guaraldi. Jazz musician 
- Edward Joseph Hanna San Francisco's Third Archbishop
- Leo McCarthy former California Lieutenant Governor.
- Pete McDonough bail bondsmen.
- James A. McDougall. U.S. Senator.
- Joseph Thomas McGucken San Francisco's Fifth Archbishop
- John J. Mitty San Francisco's Fourth Archbishop
- John J. Montgomery. Pioneer aviator, aerodynamicist, and physicist. First American to fly in a heavier-than-air machine.
- Maggie Moore. Silent film actress 
- George Moscone. Mayor of San Francisco. 
- James D. Phelan. Mayor of San Francisco, U.S. Senator.
- Ralph Pinelli, professional baseball player.
- Michael Riordan San Francisco police chief
- Patrick William Riordan San Francisco's Second Archbishop
- Angelo Joseph Rossi. Mayor of San Francisco (1931-1944).
- Pietro Carlo Rossi Winemaker and 1st President Italian Swiss Colony
- Hank Sauer, professional baseball player.
- Eugene Schmitz, Mayor of San Francisco (1902-1907).
- Fred Scolari, professional basketball player.
- John Shelley, Mayor of San Francisco (1964-1968).
- William M. Stewart. U.S. Senator.
- Ethel Teare. American silent film actress.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Holy Cross Cemetery, Colma|