Holy Family Catholic Schools
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011)|
Holy Family Catholic Schools (HFCS) is a Roman Catholic school system based in Dubuque, Iowa (USA). Holy Family, which operates schools in eastern Dubuque County, is a part of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Dubuque. As of the 2011–2012 school year, HFCS has 1,837 students enrolled in its schools (excluding preschools).
HFCS currently operates:
Schools in Holy Family
Early Childhood Centers
- Holy Ghost
- St. Anthony/Our Lady of Guadalupe
- St. Columbkille
- St. Joseph The Worker
- Holy Ghost Elementary School
- Resurrection Elementary School
- St. Anthony/Our Lady of Guadalupe Spanish Immersion Program
- St. Columbkille Elementary School
In the 2009-2010 school year, there were 2,113 students attending Holy Family Catholic Schools (including pre-K). Of those, 1,945 (92%) were white, 21 (1%) were black, 26 (1.2%) were Asian, 57 (2.7%) students were Hispanic, and 1 was American Indian. Additionally, 1,058 (50%) were male, and 1,055 (50%) were female.
In July 2001, Wahlert High School and all Dubuque Catholic elementary schools and Catholic early childhood centers joined to become one system under the name Holy Family Catholic Schools. This step was taken in an effort to continue making Catholic elementary and secondary schools in Dubuque available and accessible to all those who choose Catholic education.
- "Iowa Department of Education Nonpublic School-Certified Enrollment 2011–2012". Retrieved Dec 13, 2011.
- "Iowa Department of Education Nonpublic School Enrollment for 2009–2010". Archived from the original on September 28, 2007. Retrieved Dec 13, 2011.