From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Holy League may refer to:
- Holy League (1495), or "League of Venice", alliance of several opponents of French hegemony in Italy, arranged by Pope Alexander VI
- League of Cambrai, anti-Venetian alliance that included Louis XII of France, Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I, and Ferdinand I of Spain, created by Pope Julius II
- Holy League (1538), a short-lived alliance of Christian states arranged by Pope Paul III at the urging of the Republic of Venice; defeated by Hayreddin Barbarossa in Battle of Preveza
- Holy League (1571), included almost all the major Catholic maritime states in the Mediterranean; defeated Ottomans in Battle of Lepanto
- Holy League (1684), composed of the Holy Roman Empire, Poland-Lithuania and the Venetian Republic; fought Ottomans in the Great Turkish War
- Holy League (1717), allying the Papal States to Portugal, Venice and Malta against the Ottoman Empire and which resulted in the Battle of Matapan
- One of the Catholic Leagues
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.