Holy War (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Holy war (disambiguation))
Holy war may refer to:
- A religious war led for religious reasons and with an exceptionally high grade of religious feeling
- The Crusades, 11th, 12th, and 13th-century religiously sanctioned military campaigns waged by much of Christian Europe against Muslim Persia and Middle East.
- The Herem referred to in the Hebrew Bible.
- Seisen, the name given by Showa era propaganda to the Second Sino-Japanese War, based on the slogan hakko ichiu.
- Taiping Rebellion
- Spread of Islam
- Jewish–Roman wars
- Arab-Israeli Wars (disambiguation)
- Way of the Celestial Masters
- Five Pecks of Rice Rebellion
- Jihad (generally translated into English as "Holy War"), in Islam
- Wars of Religion (France)
- European wars of religion
- Holy War (Boston College vs. Notre Dame), a football rivalry between Boston College and Notre Dame
- Holy War (Utah vs. BYU), between Brigham Young University and the University of Utah
- Holy War (Villanova vs. St. Joe's), the Philadelphia Big 5 basketball rivalry game between Villanova University and Saint Joseph's University
- Holy War (Kraków), a traditional rivalry between Kraków's two major football clubs, Cracovia and Wisła
- Annual Ohio high school football rivalry between St. Edward and St. Ignatius
- The charity football game between the two San Diego Catholic high schools, University of San Diego High School and St. Augustine High School
- Occasionally used in reference to the Baylor–TCU football rivalry
- Occasionally used in reference to the defunct football rivalry between Boston College and Holy Cross
- Holy War (locomotive) - a steam locomotive on the Bala Lake Railway in Wales.
- "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due", a song written by Megadeth on their 1990 album Rust in Peace.
- "Svyaschennaya Voyna" (The Sacred War), a song written on the day after the Nazi invasion of the USSR
- The Holy War, a 1682 novel by John Bunyan
- Holy Wars (film), 2010 documentary film
- Seisen no Keifu Genealogy of the Holy War a Fire Emblem videogame
- Holy War (album), the second album released by the power metal band Dragonland
- Holy War, Batman!
- Holy War, Inc., a 2001 book by CNN investigative journalist and documentarian Peter Bergen
- Sacred War (disambiguation), name of several religiously motivated wars in ancient Greece
- Software wars, sometimes called holy wars
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Note: This page may need to be cleaned up to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Further information might be found on the talk page. Tools: DabFix