Home Inns Group or Home Inns & Hotels Management Inc. (S: 如家酒店集团, T: 如家酒店集團, P: Rújiā Jiǔdiàn Jítuán), doing business as Home Inn (如家酒店 Rújiā Jiǔdiàn) (Nasdaq: HMIN) is a hotel chain in China. Its headquarters are in the Xuhui District, Shanghai. Its English slogan is "your home away from home."
Home Inn is the largest budget hotel chain in China, and it was the first budget chain that was established in China.
Ji Qi founded the chain in 2001, and the chain began in 2002. Private equity funded the hotel chain. In October 2006 it was listed on Nasdaq in the United States. IDG Ventures invested in the company, causing it to raise $109 million U.S. dollars in its 2006 Nasdaq listing. In 2007 Home Inn considered building hotels in Taiwan. In October 2007 Home Inn purchased Top Star, a hotel company that had been established two years prior. The transaction netted Home Inn an additional 26 hotels. As of 2008 the company had around 250 hotels, and Home Inn, Motel 168 and Jinjiang Inn together controlled 44% of China's budget hotel market. At that time the company planned to increase the number to 1,000 and to open outlet in other Asian countries. The chain acquired Motel 168 in October 2011.
- "Investor Relations Home." Home Inn. Retrieved on February 18, 2013. "Headquarters Home Inns & Hotels Management Inc. No.124 Cao Bao Road, Xu Hui District Shanghai 200235, PRC" - Chinese address: "上海市徐汇区漕宝路124号"
- Tschang, Chi-Chu. "Empty Beds in China: Olympic Vacancies Haunt Beijing Hotels." Spiegel Online. August 20, 2008. Retrieved on February 18, 2013. "Most of the new hotels being added in Beijing are the projects of local investors who are copying Home Inn, China's first and largest budget hotel chain, and trying to build their own budget hotel chain that targets business travelers who want affordable yet comfortable lodging."
- "China's booming budget hotels profit from no frills." Reuters. January 16, 2008. Retrieved on February 18, 2013.
- Loesekrug-Pietri, Andre. "Importance of differentiation." China Daily. January 21, 2013. Retrieved on February 18, 2013. "The best credentials for it are that almost all entrepreneurial success stories - Baidu, Ctrip, Lining, Belle, Home Inn, just to mention a few - have been funded by private equity funds."
- DPA. "China’s Home Inn chain mulls building in Taiwan." China Post. October 5, 2007. Retrieved on February 18, 2013.
- Home Inn (simplified Chinese) (Mobile)
- Investor information (English)
- Old Home Inns website (simplified Chinese)