|Founder||Seong Han Lee|
|Headquarters||Cheshunt, Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom, Seoul, South Korea|
Number of locations
|hypermarket : 120, Homeplus Express : 250|
|Products||Groceries, consumer goods,|
Homeplus (Hangul: 홈플러스) is a Korean discount store retail chain wholly owned by Tesco with 113 branches throughout South Korea. Homeplus is the second largest retailer in South Korea, just behind Shinsegae Group.
Homeplus operates both hypermarkets and its express format as well as a home delivery shopping service. They typically Open at ... and close at 12 PM.
Homeplus hypermarket stores typically offer general home products, clothing, electronics, and sporting goods. They also usually feature a multi-story car park, large supermarkets, and small, special-purpose stores such as fast food restaurants, travel agencies, appliance-rental firms, pharmacies, and bookstores. There are also "culture centres" in some of the stores.
In 2011, the retailer opened the world’s first virtual supermarket at Seolleung Station on Seoul Subway Line 2, where smartphone users can photograph the bar code the of life-size pictures, on the walls and platform screen doors, of 500 items of food, toiletries, electronics etc., for delivery within the same day.
In August 2014 the company have cut their profit by .4 billion dollars. On September 23, 2014 Homeplus was investigated for alleged data breach. From September 5–10 of the same year, one of the company's outlets was on a strike during Chuseok holiday protesting not substantial wage increase.
- The strategic localization of transnational retailers: the case of Samsung-Tesco in South Korea. January 2005.
- "홈플러스 (Hom-peul-leo-seu)". Homeplus. Retrieved February 18, 2008.
- Murthy, Rishika (September 22, 2011). "Seoul's 6 coolest subway stops". CNN Travel. Archived from the original on August 10, 2014. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- Strother, Jason (October 21, 2011). "Shopping by phone at South Korea's virtual grocery". BBC News. Archived from the original on August 29, 2014. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- Lianna Brinded (September 23, 2014). "Tesco's Homeplus Investigated By South Korea Over Privacy Breach and Competition Rigging". International Business Times. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- "Tesco's South Korea brand Homeplus under investigation". BBC News. September 23, 2014. Archived from the original on September 24, 2014. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- "Home plus union to strike during Chuseok". Korea Times. September 4, 2014. Archived from the original on September 26, 2014. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
|This article about a retailer in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a South Korean company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|