Honey Bunches of Oats
Honey Bunches of Oats is a cold cereal by Post Holdings. Created by lifelong Post employee Vernon J. Herzing by mixing several Post's cereals together and having his daughter taste them. After three years of development, Honey Bunches of Oats was introduced to markets in 1989. The cereal is made up of three kinds of flakes and oat clusters baked with a hint of honey. It is marketed as a source of whole grain. Other varieties have almonds or fruits added into the mix.
The ingredients of the cereal are corn, whole grain wheat, sugar, whole grain rolled oats, brown sugar, vegetable oil (canola or sunflower oil), rice flour, wheat flour, malted barley flour, salt, rice, whey (from milk), honey, malted corn and barley syrup, caramel color, artificial flavor,annato extract (color)
Current, past, and limited editions :
- Honey Roasted
- Raisin Medley
- Vanilla Bunches
- Bananas Bunches
- Pecan Bunches
- Apples and Cinnamon Bunches
- Cinnamon Bunches
- Real Chocolate Clusters
- Vanilla Clusters
- Fruit Blends Banana Blueberry
- Fruit Blends Peach Raspberry
- Fruit Blends Apple Strawberry (Debuted in January 2013)
- Tropical Blends – Mango Coconut
- Just Bunches Honey Roasted
- Just Bunches Cinnamon
- Just Bunches Caramel
- Greek Honey Crunch (Debuted in January 2013)
- Greek Mixed Berry
- Granola – Honey Roasted
- Granola – Raspberry
- Granola – Cinnamon
- Granola – Protein Chocolate
- Morning Energy – Chocolatey Almond Crunch
- Morning Energy – Cinnamon Crunch
Vitamins and minerals
Honey Bunches of Oats contains iron, niacinamide, vitamin B6, vitamin A palmitate, riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), zinc oxide (source of zinc), folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin D.
- "Good things come in bunches" (slogan at launch)
- "It's what's for breakfast"
- "That's why they call it 'The Best of the Bunch'"
- "One spoonful is all it takes" (2007–2009)
- "Taste the joy in every spoonful" (2009–present)
- "The magic's in the mix"