|Revised Romanization||Hong Jun-pyo|
Hong Jun-pyo (born December 5, 1954) is a South Korean politician, former prosecutor and the governor of South Gyeongsang Province. He was formerly the chairperson of the Saenuri Party (then Grand National Party). He stepped down as the chairperson in December 9, 2011. He was born in Changnyeong. South Gyeongsang Province. Hong graduated in Yeungnam High School and later pursuit in his studies in Public Administration at Korea University.
His proposals of reforming the Saenuri Party (then Grand National Party) was met with resistance from the reformists.
On Park Won-soon
- On October 20, 2011, Hong criticized Park Won-soon's The Beautiful Foundation (아름다운재단) for sending money to left-wing citizen groups.
- Hong was known to have generated much criticism against Park Won-soon, about Park's possible allegation of extorting tax money for his oversea visits.
On the former Grand National Party
- He considered to rename the Grand National Party to another name after Park Won-soon has won the October 2011 election.
- Lee, Sun-young (2011-12-09). "Hong bows out amid mounting calls for reform". Korean Herald. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- 한나라당 제18대 총선 서울지역 공천 신청자 명단(1)
- "돌아온 홍준표, 새누리당 경남지사 후보 확정". MK News. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- Kim (김), Beom-hyeon (범현); Hwang Cheol-hwan (황철환), Jeong A-ran (정아란) (2011-12-08). 與 쇄신파, 홍준표 쇄신안에 거센 반발. Yonhap News (in Korean). Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- Kim (김), Ho-jun (호준) (2011-10-20). 아름다운재단 모금액 좌파단체 지원. Yonhap News (in Korean). Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- Chang (장), Jae-yong (재용) (2011-10-21). 13차례 걸쳐 해외체류… 경비 2~3억 누가 댔나. Hankook Ilbo (in Korean). Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- Lee (이), Min-jeong (민정) (2011-10-28). `이참에 다 바꿔?`..홍준표 "당명 개명 검토". 이데일리 (in Korean). Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- (Korean) Official Website
|This article about a South Korean politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|