Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal, Macau
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009)|
|Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal, Macau|
|The appearance of the pier building|
|Literal meaning||Outer Harbour Passenger Pier|
|Alternative Chinese name|
|Literal meaning||Hong Kong-Macau pier|
The Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal (simplified Chinese: 外港客运码头; traditional Chinese: 外港客運碼頭; Portuguese: Terminal Marítimo do Porto Exterior), also known as the Macau Ferry Terminal or Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Pier (simplified Chinese: 港澳码头; traditional Chinese: 港澳碼頭), is located in Porto Exterior, Macau Peninsula, in the former Portuguese colony of Macau, now a Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, near the reservoir on Avenida da Amizade.
The pier was formerly located near present-day Yaohan Store. In 1993, the terminal was relocated to present location. A new terminal was completed in 2007 for the convenience of travellers of Macau International Airport near Taipa.
It provides ferry services to Hong Kong. The terminal provides 12 berths for hydrofoils and 2 for ferries. The pier features a heliport, providing an alternative to TurboJET. The terminal building is a two-storey structure with arrivals on the lower level and departures on the upper level. On the outside is a helipad and 6 boat docks (facing the east side). The Macau tourism office is located in the lower level, as well as restroom facilities. The Duty Free shop is located on the upper level.
The helipad was added in 1995 with 2 pads and expanded to 5 in 2001. The passenger lounge was upgraded in 2004. There are proposals for 3 more pads to the north of the current site.
Operators from the terminal include:
- TurboJET operates a ferry service between Macau and Hong Kong at the Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Pier in Macau and the Shun Tak Centre in Hong Kong Central. Ferries take approximately 1 hour in the high-speed vessels.
- New World First Ferry operates a ferry service between Macau and Hong Kong (China Ferry Terminal in Tsim Sha Tsui).
- Cotai Jet operates a daily route between this pier and Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Pier, Hong Kong located at Shun Tak Centre.
- Sky Shuttle Helicopters (formerly Heli-Express) operates regular helicopter service between the Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Pier in Macau, the Shun Tak Centre in Hong Kong and Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport. There are around 56 flights daily. Flights take approximately 16 minutes in the 12 passenger seat aircraft. The heliport IATA code is XZM. It has no ICAO code. Flights from Macau to HK run half hourly from 9:00 AM thru 10:30 PM (no 9:30 AM flight from Macau) OR 9:30 AM thru 10:59 PM from HK to Macau. There are 10 to 12 flights operating between Macau and Shenzhen Boan Airport depending on the day of the week. Schedules may vary and are dependent on favorable weather.
Ground Transportation 
Outside the terminal are bus and taxi platforms for connections all over Macau.
A list of bus route connections:
- 1A - Fai Chi Kei ↔ N.A.P.E./Rua de Coimbra (Transmac)
- 3 - Portas do Cerco ↔ Terminal Maritimo (Transmac)
- 3A - Portas do Cerco ↔ P.Ponte Horta (Transmac)
- 10A - Barra ↔ Terminal Maritimo (TCM)
- 10B - Portas do Cerco ↺ Praia Grande (TCM)
- 12 - Praceta Serenidade-2 ↔ Terminal Maritimo (TCM)
- 28A - Terminal Maritimo ↔ Jockey Club-2 (Transmac)
- 28B - Ilha Verde ↔ Templo A-Ma (Transmac)
- 28BX - Ilha Verde ↔ Hotel Lisboa (Transmac)
- 32 - Fai Chi Kei ↔ Torre de Macau (Transmac)
- AP1 - Portas do Cerco ↔ Aeroporto de Macau (TCM and Transmac)
Taxis are also another means of transport from the ferry terminal to other parts of Macau.
See also 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal, Macau|