CSL is an abbreviation for Communication Services Limited and their original branding of "Create a Simple Life". The CSL brand, logo and corporate colour were all updated in August 2011 to reflect a new company vision around increased customer centricity.
December 1997: CSL acquires Pacific Link Communications. The acquisition included the digital cellular phone services (D-Amps), PCS (GSM1800) and radio paging services.
2000 - PCCW Limited buys Cable & Wireless HKT, including subsidiary CSL (Hong Kong Telecom CSL Limited), for an estimated US$38 billion from Cable & Wireless.
February 2001: PCCW sells 60% of CSL to Telstra for $3.05 billion, in a joint venture called "Regional Wireless Company" (RWC).
July 2002: Telstra purchases PCCW's 40% stake in RWC for A$1.1billion, giving Telstra 100% ownership of CSL.
March 2006: CSL & New World PCS Limited merge to become the CSL New World Mobility Group.
January 2007: New World Mobile Holdings agrees to sell its quarter stake to its parent company New World Development, for US$321 million.
March 2009: CSL launches the international award winning Next G™ network. Next G™ is an all-IP HSPA+ commercial mobile broadband network capable of download speeds up to 21Mbit/s  and provides the widest coverage in Hong Kong (as at 1 Dec 2011).
November 2010: Launches the world's first LTE/DC-HSPA+ network in partnership with ZTE.
June 2012: CSL and SK Telecom, the largest mobile operator in Korea, launches the world’s first 4G LTE international roaming between their two markets – Hong Kong and Korea.
Dec 2013: CSL launches the first VoLTE (Voice over LTE) network in Hong Kong.
Dec 2013: Telstra and New World Development have agreed to sell CSL to HK Telecom Trust (6823 HK), a listed unit of PCCW Ltd for $2.43B USD, (subject to regulatory approval) essentially selling it back to PCCW. Telstra owns 76.4% of CSL, New World Development owns the rest 23.6%.