Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, London
|Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, London|
|Address||No. 6, Grafton Street,
|Ambassador||Erica Ng (Director-General)|
The Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, London (Traditional Chinese: 香港駐倫敦經濟貿易辦事處) is Hong Kong's representation in the United Kingdom. As a Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, Hong Kong does not have an embassy.
The office is located on 6 Grafton Street in the City of Westminster in central London; the building also houses the London office of the London Representative Office of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. The current Director-General of the office is Erica Ng, who reports to the Special Representative for Hong Kong Economic & Trade Affairs to the European Union, Brussels ETO.
The Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office Act 1996 enacted by UK's Parliament conferred a number of personal immunity and tax privileges on HKETO London. It was known in the past as the Hong Kong Government Office; the office was headed by a Commissioner.
Past Director-Generals include:
- "The London Diplomatic List" (PDF). 14 December 2013.
- "Contact Us." Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, London. Retrieved 21 January 2009.
- "Libraries." City of Westminster. Retrieved 21 January 2009.
- " Organisation of Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, London.
- Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office Act 1996
- Our Responsibilities.
- "Hong Kong Customs and Excise Department – Issue 6 (1999 June)". Customs.gov.hk. Retrieved October 3, 2014.
- "Mr John Tsang Chun-wah, GBM, JP, Financial Secretary". GovHK. Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government. September 2012. Retrieved October 3, 2014.
- "Mrs Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor, GBS, JP, Chief Secretary for Administration". GovHK. Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government. May 2014. Retrieved October 3, 2014.
|This Hong Kong Government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a London building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|