Hong Kong Girl Guides Association
|Hong Kong Girl Guides Association|
|Affiliation||World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts|
Hong Kong Girl Guides Association (香港女童軍總會) is the sole Guide organisation in Hong Kong. It was formally established in 1919 though the first Girl Guides Company was formed in 1916. The association became a full member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 1978. It serves 55,145 members.
There are six levels in the Guiding programme.
- Happy Bee (小蜜蜂) is a Parent-Child Programme for ages 4 to 6 years old
- Brownie (小女童軍), from 6 to 12 years old
- Guide (女童軍), from 10 to 18 years
- Ranger (深資女童軍), from 15 to 23 years old
- Golden Guide (樂齡女童軍), over 60 years old
- Guider (女童軍領袖), volunteer leader, over 21 years old
- - includes Sea Rangers (15 to 23) and Air Rangers (17 to 23).
Happy Bee accepts both boys and girls.
Law, Promise and Motto
I promise to do my best, to be true to myself,
my God, and my country, and the country in which I live
to help others, and to keep the Guide Law.
- - Choose either the word God or the word faith according to her personal convictions
- - for non-Chinese nationals residing in Hong Kong Special Administration Region
Happy Bee Promise
I am a Happy Bee.
I love my family.
I love my friends.
I love nature.
As a Guide 
I will be reliable, honest and trustworthy
I will use my resources wisely and help others
I will be true to myself and respect the opinion of others
I will face challenges and learn from my experiences
I will care for nature and all living things
I will be friendly and a sister to all Guides
- - For Rangers, the first line is "As a Ranger Guide"
The Guide Motto is the same for all sections: Be Prepared (準備).
The association's symbol is a stylized trefoil. The notched edges and the mauve colour recall the symbol flower of Hong Kong, the Bauhinia blakeana, while the colour red is seen as particularly auspicious. The internal division of the trefoil shows the Chinese character Kwong meaning a ray of light from a beacon, reflecting the spirit of the Guide movement.
- "Our symbol". Hong Kong Girl Guides Association. Retrieved 2007-07-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hong Kong Girl Guides Association.|
|This Hong Kong–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Scouting or Guiding article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|