Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Office
The Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Office (traditional Chinese: 國務院港澳事務辦公室; simplified Chinese: 国务院港澳事务办公室; pinyin: Guówùyuàn Gǎng'ào Shìwù Bàngōngshì) is an administrative agency of the State Council of the People's Republic of China responsible for promoting cooperation and coordination of political, economic and cultural ties between Mainland China and the Chinese Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau.
The agency was established in 1978, and has been headed by the Director of the Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Office. There are deputy directors which assist the director in running the office.
Directors of the Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Office before the transfer of the sovereignty of Hong Kong (1 July 1997)
Directors of the Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Office since 1 July 1997
- Department of Secretary and Administration (Department of Personnel)
- Department of General Affairs
- Department of Policy and Research
- Department of Liaison
- Department of Exchange and Cooperation
- Department of Law
- Institutional Party Committee
- Hong Kong Affairs Adviser
- Liaison Office of the Central People's Government in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Liaison Office of the Central People's Government in the Macao Special Administrative Region
- Taiwan Affairs Office