Honolulu Community College
|Honolulu Community College|
|Type||Public Commuter College|
|Location||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
|Affiliations||University of Hawaii|
HCC's strengths are in its industrial programs including such items as automotive and aircraft maintenance. Also the Marine Education and Training Center trains candidates for marine programs.
Campus art includes:
- Three Rocks on a Hill, copper and bronze sculpture by Satoru Abe, 1975
- Hawaii Iridescence, glass tile mural by Steve Correia, 1979
- Na Aumakua, koa wood and resin sculpture by Donald Harvey, 1977
- Installation by Bruce Hopper, 1975
- Just Passing Through, bronze and aluminium sculpture by Ralph Kouchi, 1988
- Stage Set - Mise En Scene, mixed media installation by Laura Ruby, 1991
- Woodscape, koa wood sculpture by Mamoru Sato, 1975
- Petroglyphs Interchanging, concrete sculpture by Edward Stasack, 1972
Jason Tom is Hawaii's premier beatboxer, entrepreneur, motivational speaker, and mentor. He founded the Human Beatbox Academy, Hawaii's first beatbox school, to reach out to Hawaii's youth and communities. Jason has performed for TEDxHonolulu conferences in 2009 and 2011. He was also a First Thursdays' Hawaii Slam 2012 Grand Poetry Slam Finalist. His YouTube video dubbed "Jason Tom from Hawaii" went number one on the Beatbox Battle TV network (the world's largest beatboxing archive).
- Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard Apprentice Program
- "Interview with Jason Tom (The Human Beatbox Academy) ジェーソン・トム". August 6, 2011.
- "Human Beatbox Academy: Jason Tom Interview". October 26, 2011.
- "TED Talk Tuesday: Jason Tom, Hawaiʻi's Human Beatbox". November 29, 2011. Retrieved on 2013-06-20
- "Jason Tom TEDxHonolulu 11.05.09 Interview". Jason Tom TEDxHonolulu 11.05.09 Interview with Angela Keen. Retrieved on 2012-02-17
- Quillopo, Jermel-Lynn (April 5, 2012). "Social Encore: Spoken like a champion". Honolulu Pulse.
- "Jason Tom from Hawaii - Beatbox Battle TV". BeatboxBattle.tv. November 24, 2010.
- "#1 Video on BEATBOX BATTLE TV". JasonTom.com. November 24, 2010.
|This article about a university or college in Hawaii is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|